India
05/16/2001, 12:11 AM
Has anyone ordered from ETropicals?
I'm looking for a critter package and lots of Pepermint shrimp
Thank you
India

BLUESMAN
05/17/2001, 06:47 AM
NOthing but probems thru them.THey claim to beat any price that you find but will not!Terrible customer sevice!!If you looking for Peppermint shrimp I would suggest http://www.reeftopia.com .THey have them for $18 for 6.I've ordered3 times from them,Edie and Pete.They have alot of great deals and almost every package is FREE SHIPPING!!!

Snailman
05/17/2001, 05:29 PM
BLUESMAN

[welcome]

Miza
05/17/2001, 10:30 PM
As a new member to Reef Central, when reading up on some of the Vendor Experience and finding this about eTropicals I felt it only fair to offer my experience and personally I am not one to post on message boards. I had done business with eTropicals two times last year and found some of the same problems. Personally for the dollars we give to mail order companies Customer Service has a lot to do with who I give my dollars too. For that reason I decided to give my dollars to another company.

The first part of this year I received a phone call from the salesperson that I had always dealt with and had been very pleased with at Aquacon, Jack had worked there before Ron bought the business from George. He left Aquacon almost a 1 1/2 years ago for many reasons, mostly because he did not like the fact that the "CON" was starting and he felt that he could not work for a person who would do this to any customer much less try to do the same to his customers. He even called to tell me that he was leaving and the reason behind his decision, and for that I was very greatfull as I never did business with Aquacon again and from the postings I have read about Aquacon, he was right. When Jack called he told me that he was now working at eTropicals, along with Rich who had also worked at Aquacon and had left for the same reason, he had noticed my name in the database and wanted to know why it had been so long since I had done any business with eTropicals and if I would be willing to give them another try. As he had always treated me right, it did not take me but a second to make my decision and I even placed an order right then and there. Since then I have been very pleased with the quality and price of what I have purchased and as long as Jack is working at eTropicals my dollars will be spent there.

India for your information I received an email from eTropicals last week about new Reef Packages with new prices and when checking them out found it hard to believe, there are now 21 different Reef Packages at a price that no one, and I mean no one can beat...because I have looked! If you are looking for Reef Packages or even Coral Packages which all have the box and freight charge included, my suggest is to check them out.

I did not mean for this to go on for so long, but I thought someone who has had very good experience with eTropicals this year needed to say that what was in the past is in the past, so give them a try and tell Jack that I said hello.

Snailman
05/18/2001, 07:52 AM
Miza

[welcome]

Thank you so much for the very detailed review.