PDA

View Full Version : A different idea

SunDragon
08/23/2003, 04:37 PM
I think I could build a system from off the shelf parts that could very easily monitor PH, temperature, plus monitor up to 4 external switches, and control up to 8 external devices(actually more than that if needed). It would use custom built software, or you could write your own. Total cost as I see it right now to build the working system is around $200. That includes PH probe, temperatue sensors, and control boxes, but you would still need to supply the float switches, wiring, etc. Not much cheaper than an aquacontroller, but a lot more customizable. Anyone interested?

SunDragon
08/23/2003, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to add. If you didnt want or need PH monitoring, then the cost would go down considerabley to about $75 total. that would be for 4 inputs monitored, 8 outputs controlled, and temperature monitored. Without temperature would be about $57 dollars.

jaerius
10/24/2004, 01:42 AM
Where is this (fairly inexpensive) pH probe for sale? Can you provide a link for that along w/ your other hardware ideas?

SunDragon
10/25/2004, 11:14 AM
The ph monitor can be found at: http://www.drdaq.com/
I have heard read of several people using it. As for the other hardware idea's, im happy to tell them to you and show some pictures if you want by PM or email. Posts in hear about this loose focus to quickly.