PDA

View Full Version : looking for large rose bta

reef-man_d-man
08/23/2003, 11:32 AM
anyone know of a good place to get a large (8" or larger) rose bta?

witche42
08/23/2003, 12:52 PM
hey dallas,
here's the cheapest i have ever seen and these bta's split quite a bit, so you could potentually make some money later on down the line. if you wait a couple weeks we can order at the same time and save on shipping. i have heard nothing but good stuff about this guy. i have seen is bta's go for around 70 bucks.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ac7228&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

steven

reef-man_d-man
08/23/2003, 01:07 PM
I wonder if we email him and offer $70 a piece he would sell some to the STL area and we could all get a good price and really cheap shipping

Andystl
08/27/2003, 12:32 PM
If you decide to get these I would be intrested in getting one as well Please shoot me a PM and let me know what's up. I was going to get one from him anyway so might as well save a few dollars with a "group buy"

gkoenig
08/27/2003, 04:29 PM
count me in .... let me know.

Thanks, Gregg

witche42
08/27/2003, 05:57 PM
dallas,
i just noticed your looking for an 8" or larger bta. those are going to be quite a bit more. this guy normally has them in the 3-4" range. which is still a good sized one. the 70 buck one i saw was around 3" i think. still he's got the best prices in my opinion. there's even a thread/link to him in the livestock section. do a search for good prices on rose bta'S. oh, i emailed him today to see when the next batch will be ready.

steven

hammerhead
08/27/2003, 06:12 PM
you can get one at tropical paradise for 60$ but there only 3". Check them out they are a sponser here. you won't find one that big I have one thats about 12" and would never sell it most peeps wouldnt.

witche42
08/29/2003, 06:55 AM
ok, i contacted the guy(alvin) about some fellow reefers on rc wanting to do a group buy. he will sale rbta's up to 6" for 75 bucks each+ shipping, shipping should only be somewhere around 10 bucks if i can get 4 other people. he only charges a max of 50 for shipping up to 8 items. he is in the proccess of starting up a online store and will be a sponsor later on here on rc. he also has corals but when i downloaded the coral list my puter froze up so if anyone wants to order corals, email him through the link i posted a while back and get a price.
we need to set up a time to actually purchase the rbta's. i am open to any time except around thanksgiving. so as soon as we can get a definite number and people pay me i can order them on my cc . i can meet any of you guys over in stl for pickup , so you won't have to drive so far. east side guys i can also meet up with since i live over here. i like driving:p . let me know what you want to do. $85 for a 4-6"rbta delivered, not a bad price.

steven

witche42
08/29/2003, 07:04 AM
oh, eddie at tropical paridise pm'ed me(might have been a group pm) and told me to get up a list of people and sizes and he could also cut a good deal. the only problem is i don't know if his are the splitting kind or not. so which ever you guys decide to go with let me know. i want to only order from one place.

steven

gkoenig
08/29/2003, 09:16 AM
Steven -

thanks for doing all this .... I don't care who we order from, I just
want the smallest RBTA ( I have a 20 gallon) I can get that splits. Let me know ... thanks again!

Gregg:D

reef-man_d-man
08/29/2003, 09:32 AM
Man this is going great i cant wait to get these baby's. By the way if mine splits im selling in to EBay lol. I am wondering if my clown is gonna beat up the rose if its not that big I might need to put it in the sump until it gets bigger (feed everyday that should help). My only concern is I only have 60 or so watts down there should that be enough.

Andystl
08/29/2003, 12:23 PM
Steven-
You have a PM

witche42
08/29/2003, 01:30 PM
hey dallas, since you were the one that started the thread, i feel it should only be fair you get the biggest one for your clown. me, i dont care as long as it lives. hey, i'll trade ya 2 bags of southdown and a rose bta for the "you know what";) and even kick in a little extra cash. just couldn't resist throwing that in there.:D

steven

reef-man_d-man
08/29/2003, 02:52 PM
I got it up and running and everything is looking great and I got a bag of SD from the side of the road (yeah the side of the road).

witche42
08/30/2003, 01:46 PM
ok,
i talked to alvin, he will sell his rbta's for 75 bucks each, gregg your will be 60 bucks because it will be smaller. i will be ordering mine on sept 8 if anyone else would like to get a rose bta at a great price post or email me. i will need the money up front before i order for anyone else since i only need/want one and don't want to be stuck with 5. i will be going to the seasl meeting so i could order early if i can get all interested in it and me getting the money promptly. i do take paypal cause i know the luxury of a cc. if you use paypal to pay me,my email adress is witche42@cs.com, i'm verified so don't worry. i will also need a couple dollars extra to cover the charges paypal charges for the services say 2 dollars each.i think thats close, if i am off and its only a buck or so i will reimburse you the money owedin person at time of pickup. shipping will be 50 dollars so if the more orders i get the less in shipping we have to pay each. so if i can get money from 5 people that only 87 bucks (72 for gregg) for a rbta. let me know. my # is 618-259-1108 if you want to call me. i live in east alton il.

steven