PDA

View Full Version : Sep 20 Meeting: Dr. Bao Le of Aquatic Gallery on "Refugiums in Sumps"

tubs
08/22/2003, 10:10 PM
"Refugiums in Sumps" By Dr. Bao Le of Aquatic Gallery

Open to public - no obligations to join !! so come on by.

When - September at 7PM
Where - Palo Alto Baylands Interpretive Center
Directions: http://www.seabay.org/_directions.htm

Dr. Le is the proprietor of Aquatic Gallery in Milpitas and he will share with us his experiences in setting up and operating sumps which incorporate refugiums. He will also give his thoughts on the always popular topic of reef specimen compatability. Both of these topics are sure to generate a lot enlightening group discussion so be sure not to miss it.

FYI Dr. Le has generously donated several choice corals
for auction during the meeting so be sure to bring your pocket book as well as your questions and help out SEABay at the same time.

posjr
08/29/2003, 12:39 AM
I'm really intersted in joining seabay. But not sure! i saw that your having your next meeting in sept. 20 and "Open to public - no obligations to join !! " I was wondering if i can get some more info about seabay from other seabay members. I been in the hobby now for 5months and really enjoying it. thanx

tubs
08/29/2003, 12:41 AM
pos you can join at the club meeting if you wish or via email. There is an application here:

http://www.seabay.org/_membership.htm

Alright hope to see ya there :D

tubs
08/29/2003, 12:42 AM
Looks like there may be 20 choice corals from Bali as part of the auction.

LOL what if only 20 show - what a bargain ;)

John

RogueCorps
09/11/2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by posjr
I'm really intersted in joining seabay. But not sure! i saw that your having your next meeting in sept. 20 and "Open to public - no obligations to join !! " I was wondering if i can get some more info about seabay from other seabay members. I been in the hobby now for 5months and really enjoying it. thanx

Hey Posjr,

I've been with Seabay for about a year now and it's an excellent resource... Just lots of good knowledgeable people enjoying the hobby. We've had great speakers such as Toonen and Cripe and the experience has definitely furthered my reefing knowedge far beyond what I had thought.

There is absolutely no obligation or pressure to join, but the annual fee is minimal and goes directly to the running of the club. You should come and check it out. It's always a good time. :)

-Rogue

posjr
09/11/2003, 09:19 PM
I plan on going and got my brothewr an law to go too. cant want. i know Dr. Bao Le. and look forward to see his talk about sumps /Ref.. See you than. thanx