PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of mushrooms??????

SWANN
08/20/2003, 01:42 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the proper procedure of taking muchrooms off rock. There are several bunches of mushrooms in my tank that I want to get rid of...and they are attached to live rock that I cant take out of the tank. So whats the best way todo so without hurting them? cutting from there base?? I want to remove some because there spreading towards my SPS!!!

Thanks Swann

DaSinical1
08/20/2003, 09:17 PM
You got a pm

Mark

sand man dan
08/21/2003, 11:10 PM
hey swann,
man you can just take a pair of fourseps and roll them off the rock . just clip on too them lightly at the base as close too the rock as possible and roll them slow they will peel right off and if they rip a liottle dont worry. just go low and they will peel off.
danny/ sandmandan

sand man dan
08/21/2003, 11:11 PM
hey swann,
man you can just take a pair of fourseps and roll them off the rock . just clip on too them lightly at the base as close too the rock as possible and roll them slow they will peel right off and if they rip a liottle dont worry. just go slow and they will peel off.
danny/ sandmandan

sand man dan
08/21/2003, 11:12 PM
hey swann,
man you can just take a pair of fourseps and roll them off the rock . just clip on too them lightly at the base as close too the rock as possible and roll them slowly they will peel right off and if they rip a little dont worry. just go slow and they will peel off.
danny/ sandmandan

sand man dan
08/21/2003, 11:12 PM
hey swann,
man you can just take a pair of fourseps and roll them off the rock . just clip on too them lightly at the base as close too the rock as possible and roll them slowly they will peel right off and if they rip a little dont worry. just go slow and they will peel off.
danny/ sandmandan

Westpat
08/22/2003, 02:02 AM
de ja vu ja vu ja vu

David
David
David
David

KikoRTAW
08/22/2003, 05:32 AM
STOP SPAMing please

KORE(67)
08/23/2003, 05:03 AM
Umm Sand man dan the problem with your idea is if you remove the shroom and bits are still on the rock these will just grow new ones, therefore only stunting their growth, and most probably causing larger ammounts to appear.

KikoRTAW
08/23/2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by KORE(67)
Umm Sand man dan the problem with your idea is if you remove the shroom and bits are still on the rock these will just grow new ones, therefore only stunting their growth, and most probably causing larger ammounts to appear.

Kore67 is correct, if tissue remains on the rock, then new shrooms will grow thus forming a larger colonie , and i know for sure you dont want that to happen.

Mike :lol:

KORE(67)
08/23/2003, 06:35 AM
If you want to completely remove the shrooms(i.e. kill them off) people have recomended in the past to inject them with a high concentration kalk solution, or hot water.

ladybug
08/27/2003, 02:55 PM
hmmm.... people wanting to kill mushrooms and i'm wanting to buy them, lol

does anyone know a site with the 9 for 99 shrooms ? seems everything else has a site like this...

sand man dan
08/27/2003, 03:14 PM
ya dont kill them . all we try to do to preserve and you want to kill them i would love to have them myself. you have got to be able to find someone to trade them out for .

butaford
09/04/2003, 02:35 AM
Hey sand man dan where are my zoos???:mad2: