PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy ricordea

serial reefer
08/19/2003, 05:05 PM
Anybody know of good websites for buying ricordea outside of the sponsors for RC? :confused:

L and L
08/19/2003, 08:43 PM
What's wrong with the sponsors here?

Palmetto Reefs has some nice stuff. Ditto w/ phishy business (I ordered some sweet Blue Tonga Rhodactis and Green Rho's from here).

Tang_Puffer
08/19/2003, 09:40 PM
BLOWFISHAQUATICS IS A NEW SPONSOR, BUT I DON'T THINK YOU ARE GOING TO FIND BETTER RICORDEA OUTSIDE OF OUR SPONSORS.:D

Sallylightfoot
08/19/2003, 09:51 PM
I went with blowfish Aquatics and Bryan is awesome!!! So were their ricordia. I got the 9 for 99 and I think I received like 12 or so. Customer service is a BIG deal to me and they sure have great cust. service.
FWIW

Zepplin
08/20/2003, 12:04 AM
Well, I strongly agree with everyone else. Bryan at blowfish and Darren at ricordea.com are the best ricordea sources on the internet. (links below) No where else you order from is going to carry nearly the same selection.

www.blowfishaquatics.com (RC handle- Bryan Thompson)

www.ricordea.com (RC handle-Palmetto)

However, there are a few other places I'd trust to order from. Listed below are some trust worthy vendors, who don't specialize in ricordea like the two listed above, but do on occasion carry some nice ones. I made a recent order with reeflabs for some zoanthids, and picked up some pretty green/pink yumas in addition.

www.reefscience.com

www.reeflabs.com

www.aquaprop.com

www.aquadesignz.com

www.thesea.org

-Meg :)

serial reefer
08/20/2003, 01:45 PM
Didn't mean to imply there is anything wrong with our sponsors, I've bought great stuff from them. I just like to check out all the sources looking for unique animals. I know I have found websites in the past that had good selections but I've forgotten the URL's!! :eek2:

ReeferMac
08/20/2003, 02:52 PM
I was at tropicorium in March, and they had a large selection to pick from. Mostly blue/yellow and green/purple ricordea's, but a few other tasty one's too.
Don't be afraid to post something like "ISO Interesting Ricordea's" in the "for sale/trade" forum either. You might have to find a few more frags to fill the box and make shipping worthwhile, but I picked up a great purple/orange ricordea from a fellow hobbiest that way.

- Mac

Zepplin
08/20/2003, 09:03 PM
I agree ReeferMac Trop has some incredible ricordea. They have a heaping 10,000 gallon vat full of ricordea! It is a sight to see.

However, as I recall they are on the very pricey side down at Trop. I think they were asking 25-50 per polyp last time I was there, and that was for floridas. I didn't see any yumas, but I will look closer next time. It is very worth the trip to check out Tropicorium though!

-Meg