PDA

View Full Version : Grunion Run August 29th!

Rabbit
08/19/2003, 02:33 PM
This is a reminder that the Grunion Run is coming up on August 29th!

Grunions are those little fish (in the silverside family) that all jump up onto in mass the beach to breed. It's supposed to be one of those amazing thing everyone should see at least once.

As the predicted time is very late, Carlos is holding a 'Pre-even Dessert Get Together' starting at 8:30. Several people have volunteered to make some wonderful deserts. Do you have an awesome desert that you make? Bring it along! (Please contact Catherine Lee if you would like to bring a desert – remember you can never have too many deserts!)

We will be traveling from Carlos' place to the beach. You might want to dress fairly warmly, it will be late at night, also I would recommend you bring a flashlight.

O.K., so I'll see ya'll night owns at the grunion run!

David Roman Daniels

PS Here's a couple of cool Grunion Links:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/gruschd.html

http://www.pepperdine.edu/seaver/natsci/grunion/GrunionLinks.htm

Rabbit
08/27/2003, 07:09 PM
to the top

Salt Creep
09/01/2003, 07:15 PM
David,

How did the grunion run go?

Ken

Rabbit
09/02/2003, 03:59 AM
First,

Well, they don't say this, but the grunion come up to you! They are really friendly.

They even shook people's hands!

One of them, Sammy, even had a tiny little banjo, and played it with his flippers while the others sang.

Then they told 'Gull Stories', kinda like ghost story, only from a fish perspective.

Then, when the evening was over, it was sad, but we all said our good-byes and waved as they scurried back into the sea.

(sigh)

Swim on little Buddies!

Rabbit,

If you enjoyed this message, please send $5,000.00 to the 'change Rabbit's medication fund.'

Salt Creep
09/02/2003, 08:03 AM
Well, if they heard I was coming then they probably wouldn't have shown up since I like eating small fish heads and all. :D

fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads
fish heads fish heads eat them up yum!

Rabbit
09/02/2003, 04:18 PM
:O

Oh! That's YOU!

They told us a legend about a monster that they called 'Saltus Crunchous Headus Offus' that would sneak out every 23 years and snack the heads off of naughty fry.

I thought it was just something they said to scare the little ones, but now that I think about it. It does sounds a lot like you!

How about that! Your a Grunion Legend!