PDA

View Full Version : Just filled up my 75

andro
08/18/2003, 09:49 AM
I just filled up my 75 gal last night to make sure that everything runs OK. So far, so good. I will post pictures tomorrow. the sand storm only lasted for about 1 hour. I used the mini-jet 404 pump that came with my IO salt to fill the tank slowly. The sand on the bottom stirred a little, but not too much. I put in 100 pounds of southdown. Hopefully I will be moving the fish over to the tank tomorrow. I need to get a new heater for my tank to get the temp up, right now it is running at about 72 because I do not have my lights on it.

andro
08/19/2003, 07:53 AM
Here are some photos

photo with tank lights on and flash

http://foxweb.marist.edu/users/urib/stand1.JPG

photo with tank lights on and no flash, all room lights off also

http://foxweb.marist.edu/users/urib/stand2.JPG

same as above but with me in the photo so you can see the size of everything. I am just under 6' tall

http://foxweb.marist.edu/users/urib/stand3.JPG

Tomzpc
08/19/2003, 07:53 PM
Looks awesome! I know that we've said it before but you did a great job with that stand and canopy. I'm jealous!

Tom

andro
08/20/2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks.

Just moved all of the rock and fish over last night. No pictures yet because I left my camera at work over night. The fish look like they are enjoying themselves because they have twice as much room to swim. Got to get a little more rock eventually, but I am kind of broke at the moment.

If all goes well, I will host a meeting in October.

-Ian

andro
08/20/2003, 02:13 PM
I forgot to add that so far I love the look of the XM bulbs from hellolights, the picture above has 2 250watt bulbs on it and no supplementation.

-Ian

seaham358
08/20/2003, 06:41 PM
Damn.... Them lights look bright. XM? I am not sure what they are. PC, MH... The tank looks good, like the color of the stand.

joetbs
08/25/2003, 04:19 PM
XM are hello light's own MH bulbs, they're 20k.

andro
08/26/2003, 09:29 PM
Yup those are the lights. I would have written back sooner, but just got back from California. Tank was running good when I got back, the coral glows much more than it ever did :-)

-Ian

nine9d
09/05/2003, 03:40 PM
Wow andro, they said you bult that stand and canopy? How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking. That is excellent workmanship! I am trying to weigh the difference of making my own stand /canopy as opposed to buying one.

andro
09/05/2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks, built in in a couple of weekends. It ran me a few hundred I guess. I did not really keep track of it, when I needed more wood, I bought more. To me building it was better than buying no matter what the cost, because I had exact dimensions that I wanted.

Hopefully I will host a meeting in October so if you can make it, check it out.

-Ian

ADS
09/06/2003, 09:53 AM
Looks great Ian-I like the choice of stain alot.

occb2
09/06/2003, 11:57 PM
Very nice tank. Lights look great. Good luck with it. Hope to see it in Oct. Later,
Rob