PDA

View Full Version : AnchoFish.com ?

grif
05/11/2001, 08:27 AM
Anybody dealt with these folks? They appear to have a pretty good range of livestock as well as reasonable prices. I'm wondering what peoples experiences with them are.

KASESQ
05/11/2001, 10:34 AM
But they are just down the freeway from me so
the Manono rock I ordered arrived in great shape.
All sorts of life, including sargasso-type algae.

Brian Foley
05/11/2001, 10:45 AM
I've ordered from them a couple of times with mixed success. You might end up with something wonderful for dirt cheap, or you might end up with a DOA on your hands. They are not very good at bagging items for shipping. They sent me a red lobophyllia colony that was 1/3 out of the water when I received it, and of course died a few days later. In other cases, I've gotten wonderful stuff from them for dirt cheap. It's hit or miss with them. Overall, I've had slightly better luck with Flying Fish Express.

Incidentally, their web site basically shows everything they've ever had, not what they have now. You have to call them to find out what they actually have in stock at any one time, especially since they update their web site once a week at most.

olgakurt
05/11/2001, 10:49 AM
Sorry to say I tried ordering with them but after three weeks of run around and no order I went elsewhere. I found their site does NOT represent what they have. Their communication regarding the status of my order(s) was awful

Neal358
05/11/2001, 12:00 PM
i have ordered live rock from them that was awsome but i would be a litttle reluctant to order fish from them. they do have some realy cool stuf this week they hade rose anemones (very cool)