PDA

View Full Version : help id pls

chickenpie
08/16/2003, 07:58 AM
is this a pink or red yuma ?
thanks

dwarfatize
08/16/2003, 01:45 PM
I couldn't tell you. my computer screen shows everything a tint of green.

Azurel
08/16/2003, 09:30 PM
Kinda looks like it but might be a variation of orange too....

Mariner
08/16/2003, 09:37 PM
Looks like a pink AND red yuma to me. :D
Really nice! Where'd you get that?
Mariner

Zepplin
08/17/2003, 01:55 AM
Nice find Chickenpie! I don't know under what bulb that picture was taken, but it sure does look like a red/blue yuma. You have to be cautious, because occasionally vendors will photograph items under deceptive lighting. Lighting can greatly alter the appearance of certain corals. If a coral is photographed under actinics, or 20 k halides, it tends to make the colors more vibrant.

I certainly am not implying that your yuma was photographed in such a manner, but just a helpful hint.

I saw a yuma like this one the other day on www.reefscience.com
They had two red/blue yumas for sale, both quickly sold out. You didn't happen to purchase one of those did you? Gotta love reefscience, their livestock is beautiful, but runs on the pricey side.

-Meg :)

Zepplin
08/17/2003, 02:00 AM
Oh wait, I see you're located in Singapore chickenpie, probably to far for reefscience to ship. However, the one in your picture does look strikingly similar to the two reefscience just sold.

-Meg

chickenpie
08/17/2003, 05:00 AM
bought from local marine shop for S$18 for a frag . i tool picture under 20000k MH .
thanks for the comments

Zepplin
08/17/2003, 05:23 AM
Very cool chickenpie! An incredible price might I add. Here in the states vendors will charge anywhere from 50-100 dollars for a red. Sometimes even more if they want to gouge.

-Meg :)

Bryan Thompson
08/17/2003, 09:11 AM
Hey ChickenPie. If you are looking for some ricordia florida, check out Marine Life Hobbielist in Singapore. Tell Henry I sent you. I happen to know that he just got in around 100 very nice ricordia.

That looks like a nice yuma. Good purchase.

Bryan

chickenpie
08/17/2003, 11:09 AM
thanks bryan , saw the stock at ML a few days age , sure is nice but price also nice . i drop by henry place everyweek , will definitely mention that i meet some very nice pple in reefcentral . am glad i got my pink yuma which i think the old man sellin dosen't know its rare . in singapore we don,t get ri florida so far henry is the one bringing in .
cheers