PDA

View Full Version : Any good shops in Columbus area?

daclozer
08/15/2003, 05:49 PM
I am from Illinois and will be in the Columbus area wed-fri of next week. I am looking for any good shops that have decent frags for sale. Or if anybody has any frags or clams let me know. Reply here or email me at kenreardon@hotmail.com

bkwudzjeep
08/15/2003, 06:08 PM
I was just there over the summer visiting some family and there was a guy on here who had some pretty nice stuff and a real nice set-up in his basement. He found some Southdown for me....and went out of his way to get it for me.
I'll send his info to ya...

szwab
08/15/2003, 08:22 PM
check out:
Serdar at phishybusiness.com and
Todd at reefsystems.com

I've been to both they run their shops from out of their house both have very nice setups with nice quality livestock. Give them a call I belive are by appointment only.

bkwudzjeep
08/15/2003, 09:23 PM
reefsystems.com is the one I was talking about and e-mailed you the information on.

Chad
08/16/2003, 11:28 AM
You have to go see Aquarium Adventures just to say you have been there. Cool place, but they really don't treat their saltwater fish and inverts very well. Livestock is extremely overpriced. Still a neat place to see.

Serdar with Phishybusiness (a reefcentral sponser) has some amazing livestock. You have to go see him.

hystrix
08/16/2003, 08:33 PM
How can you contact Todd at Reefsystems.com? I went to the site and there isn't a link to email him?????

Underwaterrealms
08/16/2003, 11:58 PM
Todd's number is 614-774-7086.
Chuck

daclozer
08/23/2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The only place thaT i had a chance to get to was Aquatic Adventures. Man is he high on his prices... $10 bucks a pound for very poor quality fiji rock, $12 for what he called Tonga... He had a pretty cool shop, the shark tank was very sweet and he had a couple of pretty big reef displays.. Fish looked unhealthy and ridiculously priced... $100 for an Orbi bat that I can here for $29... Oh well it was at least worth seeing, but those kind of shops are bad for out hobby. It scares away would be newbies... Go Buckeyes!!