PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Canceled

seaham358
08/15/2003, 08:01 AM
Due to the power trouble we had I am going to cancel the meeting. Myself and others I have talked too were up most of the night. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. We will have to wait till next month and see what Adam can set up for us..
Bob

andro
08/15/2003, 08:14 AM
understandable.

vmiller
08/15/2003, 08:21 AM
Yes, completely understandable.

I hope everyone's tank made it through ok. I guess we got power back up in Albany a lot sooner than you guys. Mine was back by 7pm.

Vin

ChrisRD
08/15/2003, 08:27 AM
I can definitely understand that too. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep last night (maybe). I'm exhausted. Looking forward to the September meeting...

Tomzpc
08/15/2003, 12:10 PM
Smart move Bob. I'm exhausted after being up until 2:30 last night (this morning?) when the power finally came back for me. The small gas powered generator that I purchased at Home Depot about five or six years ago for just such an occasion came up big for me last night. I had the thing running from 6:30 pm until the time the lights came back and it used less than 4 gallons of gas. It powered my reef, and as an added bonus, the fridge.

How'd everyone elses reef tanks come through the outtage?

Tom

seaham358
08/15/2003, 04:50 PM
Adam is the only person that I did not get ahold of via e-mail/web site or phone does anyone have his number to call him and let him know the meeting is off. Thanks......
Bob

seaham358
08/15/2003, 05:58 PM
Both tanks came through with no ill effects. I have a 5000 watt generator that I have hooked into the house. I ran the whole house, lights, TV, water and both fridges and both tanks. The only thing we don't use is the electric stove and dryer. I also shut off the lights on the reef tank, man they suck some juice.
Hope everyone else made out as good as I did.....
Bob