PDA

View Full Version : Go Generator!!!

vmiller
08/14/2003, 05:45 PM
This is the second time THIS WEEK it saved my a**.

Did everyone else's tank make it through ok?

Vin

greenman
08/14/2003, 06:05 PM
Then i came home and the powers back on....

vmiller
08/14/2003, 06:08 PM
That sucks Dave, but at least you have it. I have a story that should make you feel better.

I got my generator about 6 months ago during the power outage we had from that ice storm. I rushed to depot to get a generator and got the last one! I got it home and started in the basement. After realizing you can't run generators indoors because of CO, I moved it outside and it wouldn't start up again. The power remained out for a few more hours and I was never able to get the generator started that night. Needless to say, I was ****ED.

I've used it twice since (both this week :) ) and I'm happy to have it. Next time the power goes out, you'll be happy to have yours too.

Vin

vmiller
08/14/2003, 06:09 PM
I can't believe rc editied p-i-s-s-e-d :rolleyes:

l8_apex_it
08/14/2003, 06:33 PM
I think editing it makes it look like even worse language was used.

greenman
08/14/2003, 08:07 PM
LOL yea it does make it stick out more.....
I just wana try my new toy, but i have power....
How many watts do you have Vin and Dan?
I wana see what mine can run.... It will run the tank NP but it would be nice if it could run my ac or 2

vmiller
08/14/2003, 08:13 PM
5500 continuous watts, 8500 surge watts. It's the Briggs and Stratton model made specifically for home depot - WheelHouse 5500

ChrisRD
08/15/2003, 08:26 AM
I was able to get by with my inverter (again) for this outage (10 hours for us). Can't wait to be in the new house and get a generator!

sarcophyton
08/15/2003, 10:59 AM
Green county only lost power for 5 minutes, but now (next day) they are saying they might divert power from us to get other places going. Crap!

Vin, I hade a home depot generator with exactly the same problem. I spent all night once trying to start it; then took it to my local fixit place and he started it with one pull! He says that type of engine is totally dependent on the speed that you pull the cord- must be very fast. Now I have a little portable Honda.

vmiller
08/15/2003, 11:11 AM
sarcophyton,

That's funny, mine is the opposite. I tried many times to start it, pulling the cord as fast as I could. My father came over one day and gave the start cord a light tug, and it started right up!. Since then I haven't had a problem starting it. Strange.

Hopefully they don't take your power back. Or ours for that matter. I live in Saratoga county.

Vin

partagas
08/15/2003, 12:27 PM
sarcophyton,

where in Greene county do you live? I have family their.

sarcophyton
08/18/2003, 10:15 AM
Thats odd, I logged on as a different name and it changed the name on my previous post, but put the count back to one. I live in Earlton, which is between Greenville and Coxsackie.

partagas
08/18/2003, 10:37 AM
Is that you Dan?