PDA

View Full Version : New Skimmer

griss
08/13/2003, 11:06 AM
I got a new skimmer late last week from www.geosreef.com

If any of you are considering a new skimmer, I highly recommend you look into these skimmers. Here are some pics of the skimmer (http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/g.rissmann@sbcglobal.net/lst?&.dir=/Reef+Tank&.src=ph&.begin=33&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/g.rissmann@sbcglobal.net/lst%3f%26.dir=/Reef%2bTank%26.src=ph%26.view=t) I had built.

I just got it hooked up last night and this thing produces an ungodly amount of foam. I'll try to post some pics of it in action, when I find the box our Digicam was packed in for the move:)

George

Markk96
08/13/2003, 11:17 AM
Just curious, in the first picture what is the purpose of the Diet Dr. Pepper can? Can he modify it to be maybe a Pepsi can?

:D

I saw this last night and it is very sweet.

griss
08/13/2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Markk96
Just curious, in the first picture what is the purpose of the Diet Dr. Pepper can? Can he modify it to be maybe a Pepsi can?
Geo took those pics before he shipped the skimmer to me. I think he included the can to give me an idea how big the skimmer is:)

George

reef-man_d-man
08/13/2003, 05:03 PM
That thing is awesome, Probably holds more water than my entire tank:lol: Think that might be over kill for a 55 (Maybe I'll have to get one).

griss
08/14/2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by reef-man_d-man
That thing is awesome, Probably holds more water than my entire tank:lol:
FWIW, after starting the skimmer up I had to mix and add 7 gallons of saltwater to get the sump level where it was prior to the skimmer running. I assume that means the skimmer holds 7 gallons of water:eek2:

George

reef-man_d-man
08/14/2003, 08:41 AM
Whew that a good sized skimmer what kinda pump you got running this bad boy?

Nanook
08/14/2003, 08:43 AM
Very nice George!!!

Nook:thumbsup:

griss
08/14/2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by reef-man_d-man
Whew that a good sized skimmer what kinda pump you got running this bad boy?
I am using my AmpMaster 3000 until I can afford a pressure rated pump.

George