PDA

View Full Version : got my snails from premium aquatics

tlc
05/09/2001, 01:11 AM
they had a realy good deal on margaritas and ceriths. ordered a boat load for my tanks. i was a little leary of there acclimation method. they dry shippped them(just a littlee wet paper in the bag) it said not to acclimate them. just thow them in. thats what i did. they have been in about 3 weeks with little to no deaths. very happy with my order

russr
05/09/2001, 11:46 AM
I ordered snails from them a week ago and am pleased as well. Ordered a bunch of nassarius snails and a few cerith. Dry shipped in the bags with a wet paper towel and they are all doing great. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

billsreef
05/09/2001, 09:56 PM
The best snails I've gotten from various wholesalers have always been dry shipped. I've had more problems with them when shipped in water like fish. The high survival rate of dry shipped (therefore no acclimation) snails and some other inverts such as anemones and some corals does make one wonder about the dogma of acclimation that we all have been taught over the years.

Rovert
05/11/2001, 07:05 PM
Bill, point taken. As I sit here reviewing the recommendations for acclimation baths and Ich/Brook treatments, it occurs to me that if a fish can survive something like that, then what the hell?

Ok, so here's my twisted sense of humor.

If you can give your fish a copper bath, is it OK to give your inverts a golden shower? :rolleyes:

billsreef
05/11/2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Rovert

Ok, so here's my twisted sense of humor.

If you can give your fish a copper bath, is it OK to give your inverts a golden shower? :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO :D

I don't know about the inverts, but I bet your algae would like it ;)