PDA

View Full Version : Movin everything around

reef-man_d-man
08/11/2003, 09:58 AM
I recently had a little overflow and well as a result my rents decided they wanted my tank in the basement so Im moving everything. I am looking for some advice (Ive moved my tank before but I dont want to loose anything and am probably going to change a few things while moving. I am going to add 100 lbs of southdown to the tank after I move it does anyone know how long it takes to settle and should I soak it for a few days before I put it in? Second I am planning of getting some lace rock to increase my amount of rock in the tank, is lace rock ok to use as base rock? Finally does anybody wanna come help? Im not sure of the day yet probably during the weekend maybe a Sunday or something, I'll provide some soda and burgers (my rents dont like beer so I cant supply that its BYOB) I know I only have a 55 gallon tank and there not to hard to move but I figure the more help I have the better and the sooner I can get everything running again.

Thanks for the info

Dallas

moconet
08/11/2003, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure of the metal content of Lace rock or any other characteristic of it for that matter.

I do know that I have some Florida Bryozoan Face Limestone Base Rock that I would be willing to sell or trade (about $70 worth).

This is the rock that they use in Florida to create Live Rock from.

I purchased too much from <a href="http://www.reeferrocks.com/baserock/index.htm">Reeferrocks.com.</a>

And, yes Coralline algae will grow onto this unlike many other rocks - and, no this isn't Tufa Rock...

reef-man_d-man
08/11/2003, 12:08 PM
All I really need is one 10-15 lbs piece do you have something like that? Also how much per pound?

witche42
08/11/2003, 12:37 PM
hey dallas,
ican give ya a hand. moving your tank really isn't all that hard, i had my 150 all but broken down a couple weeks ago. i have a couple large containers if you need any. just let me know when you need help. adding sd isnt hard either, i wouldnt wash it because that can remove alot of the good stuff in it. i also have acouple of mag pumps to help us get the water out a little faster i can bring.

let me know,
steven

moconet
08/11/2003, 02:50 PM
Dallas,

I will post a pic of the rocks when I take one this afternoon.

Where do you live approx - maybe I can lend a hand and when are you doing it?

Thanks,

darrin

reef-man_d-man
08/11/2003, 04:05 PM
I live in Fairview Heights, IL (kinda far from wentsville) but If you wanna come I would love the help. Like I said before I'll bring the soda and some food. Also Steven I would appreciate if you could bring some containers (I only have a few for moving water/rock) and a pump. I might be able to do this on this coming Sunday if that works for everyone, well let me know and I'll keep you guys posted.

Dallas

witche42
08/11/2003, 04:42 PM
just let me know when. i don't mind helping you out, shouldn't take but about 2 hrs at the most to change everything around.

reef-man_d-man
08/14/2003, 08:43 AM
The move is gonna take place this Sunday at 2:00 pm if your gonna come out let me know (So I have enough food/beverages). Also If anyone has some buckets/tubs and what not I would appreciate if you could bring them (Im kinda low on water transport items. Thanks again for the help and cant wait to see you guys and get this thing moved.

witche42
08/14/2003, 05:05 PM
count me in. i ll bring all the buckets needed also.

steven

Markk96
08/14/2003, 06:09 PM
Dallas,

I did not know that you lived in this area. I would love to come see your setup.

I am not going to be able to help you Sunday, I will be out of town.

Mark

SpankyStL
08/18/2003, 06:59 AM
I'm sorry I just found this on the day after the move.

I have a 10 gallon mini reef and there's a 55 gallon in the corner that's been waiting to become a reef too -- someday.

I do not know of any other people in the hobby in St Louis. It would have been a great way to meet a few people.

Pete