PDA

View Full Version : New CIMA members

BrianD
08/07/2003, 01:35 PM
Just wanted to pass along that I was in Petropics in Charleston, and they said they had many inquiries about CIMA recently. Several people wrote down the name and information. I don't know if any have followed through.

Petropics asked that I pass the word along, and that if there is anything else they can do besides post the flyer, let them know.

Brian

hcs3
08/07/2003, 04:01 PM
brian,

we only have 1 member from the charleston area thus far, and i have not heard from any new people down that direction in over a year. so i think it's more hype than anything else.

regardless, CIMA is transitioning to a new website, hopefully in under 1 month. at the current time i'm not sure if our old website is still viewable or not. if it is, it won't be much longer. therefore, it is likely the banner/flyer is out of date and rather useless.

when a new flyer becomes available i'll do what i can to make it available to petropics. in the meantime, if you could pass on the word that we appreciate their assistance in spreading the word, and also that meetings will be starting for the fall session around september or october that'd be great. lastly, if you could check the contacts on the flyer and make sure they have a valid email address for me (hcs3@reefcentral.com will work) and my phone number (i think you might still have it), i'd appreciate that also.

thanks,

henry

BrianD
08/07/2003, 04:06 PM
Henry, do you still have a new flyer?

I don't know if it is hype or not. It might help if the flyer had a link to both Reef Central and to CIMA. If you want, I can take the old flyer down and change it.

BTW, they have corals now. Amazingly enough, they have one brain coral that looks great. I am not in the market for corals, though, because with my horrible aiptasia explosion I may have to look at cbb.

hcs3
08/07/2003, 04:31 PM
no new flyers yet, still working on the overall design, layout, and logo for CIMA. somehow between work, school, RC/RK, i'm finding time to learn html and java for web design. i hope to have the website, flyers, business cards, etc ready before our first fall meeting.

FWIW, sailfin just recieved in 2 small, healthy looking CBB's. i'm contemplating getting one for my tank, as well, as my previous one decided maximas were part of it's diet. thus it was removed. unfortunately i overheard cheers of joy from my aiptasias when i did that, so a replacement is in order.

once i get the new flyer designed with appropriate contacts i can either take it there myself or drop it off at your office. i'll be passing through mattoon every weekend until mid-october, so i know i'll have them designed and printed by then.

BrianD
08/07/2003, 04:35 PM
Hmmm, maybe I will make a road trip to Sailfin tonight.

hcs3
08/07/2003, 04:39 PM
call first. i think they arrived tuesday, so i'm not sure if they are eating yet or if sailfin will sell them yet. if they do, choose the one that doesnt look the best...that one is mine ;)

BrianD
08/07/2003, 04:41 PM
Just called, and after a 10 minute hold time they told me that had at least two, both eating.

hcs3
08/07/2003, 04:43 PM
cool. seems like i have a 50 mile head start on you :)

hcs3
08/13/2003, 08:38 AM
did you get one of the CBB's?

BrianD
08/13/2003, 09:38 AM
I haven't made it to Sailfin yet. I have been busy with guests. Two of the boys from Hawaii that stayed with me last year have returned for a visit. I will try to make it up to Champaign one of these days.

How about you? Did you get one?

hcs3
08/14/2003, 08:34 AM
nope, no time or money to allow me to run over there and get it.