PDA

View Full Version : Glenmont Reefer

domhen
08/06/2003, 07:48 PM
The only places I have ever got stuff from is Eddies. About a year ago I took a trip to Reef Splendor by myself after talking to the guys online for months. They invited me down. I purchased a couple brains.
But to get to my point. Are there any other stores within resonable driving distance to purchase livestock or supplies.
Also where are some of the best stores you have been in not taking into account the distance.
TY Dom

greenman
08/07/2003, 12:28 AM
Best store i have ever been in was mid hudson tropical in Newburgh NY... this was some years ago and they dont have the live stock they did then... but still very nice tanks

fishtanker
08/07/2003, 07:21 AM
about how far is newburgh from here?

vmiller
08/07/2003, 08:11 AM
Welcome to the club Ty.

In the area, Eddies and Something Fishy are the only two stores I've been to that sell saltwater fish and corals. There's Union Aquarium in Schenectady and another place in Saratgoa, but I haven't been to either.

If you're up for a drive, there's a few nice shops in the Stamford CT area - House of Fins and Reef and Fin. There's also Paragon Aquatics somewhere in CT. I'm sure others can add more to the list.

If you read through the Upstate NY and Boston club forums, you'll probably find more shops by Syracuse and MA.

Vin

domhen
08/07/2003, 08:15 AM
ty for your replies

ChrisRD
08/07/2003, 08:59 AM
NY Aquaria in Mamaroneck, NY is a good place too...

DanConnor
08/07/2003, 03:56 PM
paragon aquatics web site has been down now for a couple weeks, not sure why or if they are still open.

Aqua dreams over in MA, couple hours drive. I haven't been in a couple years