PDA

View Full Version : Interested In Southdown

wiliiam
08/06/2003, 04:45 PM
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN GOING IN ON A PALLET LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THIS THREAD. I HAVE A BUDDY THAT WORKS AT THE HD ON 92ND ST IN SCOTTSDALE AND HE IS LOOKING INTO GETTING A PALLET TRANSFERED TO HIS STORE. I THINK THERE IS 42 50# BAGS. AS SOON AS I HAVE SOME MORE INFO I WILL POST IT .

WILL

Fliger
08/06/2003, 04:52 PM
If you get a good price, I'd pick some more up. It really depends on the price - if it's over $10 than I'd probably pass but if he can get the total price for $7-ish, I'd probably buy ~20 bags. I have some use for it, plus a couple friends in CA could use some.

Lemme know.

wiliiam
08/06/2003, 04:58 PM
AS SOON AS, I WILL LET YOU KNOW

cjc
08/06/2003, 05:16 PM
I would be interested ...depending on price in about 8 bags

mojodeli
08/06/2003, 05:34 PM
Fliger -

Sorry to disappoint you with the SIXTEEN pallets I had brought into the valley. You bought 10 bags right? 3x10=30. Send me you address and I will cut you a check for $30. Then you can have your $7 bags of sand and get on with your life.

Weren't you the guy who was bragging to others that you got your sand for 3.99 in a pricing mixup?

Its only money friend. :-)

Fliger
08/06/2003, 05:46 PM
Huh? I was very happy with the 38 bags total on the first order. Now I can use more. Actually, check with Ron, I tried to buy the last 40 bags that went to CA. He let me have about 8 but sent the rest.

So ... just lemme know the price William & I'll let you know how many I can use, thanks.

David

Fliger
08/06/2003, 05:51 PM
You are an odd dude, if you care so much to make the comment on the $3.99 - go back & check & you'll see that I said that she TRIED to charge me $3.99 - & I corrected her & paid the $10+.

I have no idea why you're so bitter, but to be honest I really don't care.

mojodeli
08/06/2003, 05:53 PM
No offense David. It just seems funny to me that you want to save 3 bucks per bag. And if you really want some you are in the know enough to be able get nearly any amount from Big Mike or John Hardman for exactly what we paid a few months ago.

mx_tang
08/06/2003, 05:56 PM
Okay, just to get back on track, SD has already been shipped to Az about 5 months back. There were several people who bought a lot more than they needed, so instead of trying to get another pallet, why don't the interested parties just contact JHardman or Mpeters (like Mojodeli has stated) and they'll be glad to sell off any extras that they may have accrued.

Fliger
08/06/2003, 05:57 PM
It seemed like you meant "offense", that's the way I construed it. My bad.

Anyway, it's for top-off for a sand box for my son & now we might be moving & I can't take it with me. That's why I need more. I was trying to help William get the order by getting a bunch.

I didn't know that MPeters had extra, only JHardman & I don't have any desire to help him out. I will buy some from Mike also if he has some extra.

That's all.

AZDesertRat
08/06/2003, 05:59 PM
Mike,
You bought a couple hundred pounds for your 6 gallon didn't you?

JHardman
08/06/2003, 06:22 PM
Guys I literally have tons of the stuff left over. I will sell it for what it cost me; $12 per 50lbs bag. I have close to two pallets left.

PM me if you want it.

Big Mike also has a fair amount of left over SD if you don't want to deal with me...

BLUESMAN
08/06/2003, 06:33 PM
Welcome back,John.Blue

mojodeli
08/06/2003, 06:41 PM
In fairness to jhardman. He's a big boy and he knows why people were angered. Everybody gets stressed and stretched beyond our limits. I'm sure John would take back his actions if he could.

In the fish world things die when they get stressed. In the human world people lose friends and move on. If you had an opportunity to increase the chances for a dying fish wouldn't you employ it? How 'bout the same treatment on a human level.

For John to show his face on this board and still offer his sand at the price he paid speaks to the bottom-line quality of his character. It took a lot of work and dedication to bring in 16 pallets of sand. jhardman was instrumental in finalizing the project. I would not hesitate to buy sand from jhardman.

As I see it, there is absolutely no reason to bring in another pallet of sand when we can get it from our reef friend jhardman.

Chris

conundrum
08/06/2003, 07:16 PM
That was beautiful man...

AZDesertRat
08/06/2003, 07:21 PM
Group hug time. Mojo, you brought tears to my eyes.....no wait a minute, I just had my hands in my tank and then scratched my nose. I'd buy some too but I already bought 500 lbs. You guys did a greta job setting this deal up. Hats off to ya!

mx_tang
08/06/2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by AZDesertRat
Mike,
You bought a couple hundred pounds for your 6 gallon didn't you?

I bought more closer to a few thousand pounds of sand. Will I ever use it? I'm sure it will take a few tank setup and teardowns to go through all of the sand, but I won't need to worry about the SD situation anymore.

AZDesertRat
08/06/2003, 08:53 PM
Imagine that. And to think I thought you were nothing but a "Techie". Sand is about as low tech as you can get. Silly me.
You know those metal halides are making me antsy. I wanna get a new tanks set up so I can look at 'em! Find somebody who wants my 90G FO so I can start over again.

mojodeli
08/06/2003, 08:55 PM
is your 90 drilled?

mx_tang
08/06/2003, 09:24 PM
Imagine that. And to think I thought you were nothing but a "Techie". Sand is about as low tech as you can get. Silly me.

Hey, your only as technical as your highest denominator, not your lowest one ;)

You know those metal halides are making me antsy. I wanna get a new tanks set up so I can look at 'em! Find somebody who wants my 90G FO so I can start over again.

You can still hook up the MH's and fire them up. They look very crisp white to my eyes without any supplementation. Exactly what size tank are you looking to buy?

AZDesertRat
08/06/2003, 10:28 PM
I am looking for another 90 or at least something between a 75 and a 90. The tank I have now is not drilled and I have had it since 1990 or 1991 and am bored by the fish only, even though I have some really cool fish in it that I've had a long time. Iwill miss them but they don't figure into a reef type system. I have been checking around for a new 90 with a center overflow and drilled. The question comes up now as to where, what size and how many holes? Most of the ready mades like the AGA or Oceanic tanks only have 2 holes and both in a corner overflow. I like the description of Kirstens tank she just got from Matt with 1 hole in the overflow and 3 holes in the back. I assume that means one for the standpipe and the ones in the back are for the return and a closed loop?
Whatever I do I have to either sell or move the tank so we can install new tile in the living room, so I prefer to sell it and order the new tank and start gathering the rest of the goodies to get it going.

reefyoyo
08/07/2003, 12:07 AM
Jhardman, glad to see you've come back, we missed ya.

AZRat can you give me some details on your 90 gal, fish/lights/filters/pumps/dead corals/extras/etc. I have a friend who is looking for a tank about that size. However, he really wants acrylic but I'll pass along the info anyway. Also send me a phone or email where he can contact you.

wiliiam
08/07/2003, 08:27 AM
I am looking for another 90 or at least something between a 75 and a 90. The tank I have now is not drilled and I have had it since 1990 or 1991 and am bored by the fish only, even though I have some really cool fish in it that I've had a long time. Iwill miss them but they don't figure into a reef type system. I have been checking around for a new 90 with a center overflow and drilled. The question comes up now as to where, what size and how many holes? Most of the ready mades like the AGA or Oceanic tanks only have 2 holes and both in a corner overflow. I like the description of Kirstens tank she just got from Matt with 1 hole in the overflow and 3 holes in the back. I assume that means one for the standpipe and the ones in the back are for the return and a closed loop?
Whatever I do I have to either sell or move the tank so we can install new tile in the living room, so I prefer to sell it and order the new tank and start gathering the rest of the goodies to get it going.

AZDesertRat

PM me if you are interested in a tank made to your specs. I know that I am new ,but I have lot of refs. for all of the work that I do and damit my new tank looks sweet, http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222090
I could make it for alot cheeper than you could ever buy one, and plus if you really like it others might call me. I always warrenty any work that I do.
let me know.

wiliiam
08/07/2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by reefyoyo
Jhardman, glad to see you've come back, we missed ya.

AZRat can you give me some details on your 90 gal, fish/lights/filters/pumps/dead corals/extras/etc. I have a friend who is looking for a tank about that size. However, he really wants acrylic but I'll pass along the info anyway. Also send me a phone or email where he can contact you.

reefyoyo
look at my new tank, http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showt...threadid=222090
If your frend is looking for an acrylic have him contact me. I will give him and everyone else interested a great deal on custom made tanks
email me at: mdlamaintenance@earthlink.net

wiliiam
08/07/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by wiliiam
reefyoyo
look at my new tank, http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showt...threadid=222090
If your frend is looking for an acrylic have him contact me. I will give him and everyone else interested a great deal on custom made tanks
email me at: mdlamaintenance@earthlink.net

I don't know if this constitutes it, but i'm sorry if I broke any rules about advertising, I didn't know about it, nobody reads the disclaimer

wiliiam
08/07/2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by wiliiam
AZDesertRat

PM me if you are interested in a tank made to your specs. I know that I am new ,but I have lot of refs. for all of the work that I do and damit my new tank looks sweet, http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222090
I could make it for alot cheeper than you could ever buy one, and plus if you really like it others might call me. I always warrenty any work that I do.
let me know.

I don't know if this constitutes it, but i'm sorry if I broke any rules about advertising, I didn't know about it, nobody reads the disclaimer

aliciaemily
08/07/2003, 01:20 PM
I never post here but I read from time to time. I don't know if you guys were playing or not but that post to David is stupid one f the reasons why he needs more is because he GAVE me three and a half bags for free and told me it didn't really cost much so no problem. I didnt know it cost so much so I owe you one, you should have told me. :p He has given me a lot of stuff to help my with my new tank. or we'll buy you guys some beer!!!!!
I have a couple other friends and a brother with reef tanks or fish tanks that have seen this website but don't post because of a couple people that are kind of rude and arrogant for what its worth.

So if you were joking, then never mind. :D :D

Anyhooooo, have a good one.

aae

aliciaemily
08/07/2003, 01:32 PM
Hey I went back to read the website and you weren't joking! Why would you post about something that you don't even know the story to????
Anyway don't get mad for me saying this but it kind of ticks me off, but we've been to David's house you would know that money is obviously not a concern. Send me some money though!

Moving on now. :)

mojodeli
08/07/2003, 02:03 PM
Joking or not, I jumped on Fliger because I like him not because I don't. That's what friends do.

To get back on topic -

Get your sand from John Hardman (jhardman). Help a guy who's been very helpful to the rest of us.

Fliger
08/07/2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah! I have groupies! Anyway I understood what he meant, no biggie. A little incorrect since I did buy a half a pallet. :D (and tried to buy more)

Anyway I'll get some from Big Mike to exhaust the first load.

mx_tang
08/07/2003, 03:08 PM
E-mail or PM Mike Peters beforehand to see whether he still has any extra bags. I remember he had a bunch at one FRAG meeting, but didn't bring anymore during subsequent months where we met during FRAG. I don't know whether that signified that he was out of sand or he just decided not to bring any because of a lack of demand.