PDA

View Full Version : Frags from Thesea.org

docmal
05/05/2001, 01:12 PM
Well, I recieved my frags from thesea.org yesterday morning and I have to say WOW! This is the first time I have ever purchased captive bred frags and I am impressed. Here is what I got:

Orange Blastomousa wellsi (one polyp)
Green Blastamouse wellsi (one polyp)
Sm Red Blastomousa wellsi (three Polyps)

And as a gift he threw in an orangish Acropora Mil. and a blue staghorn.

I will post some pics once I get a chance.

Although the sizes are small they are beautiful. The size thing is just because I am used to buying whole colonies of things not frags, I'm sure the sizes for frags are just fine.

What I can't believe are the colors of these things! I am really into blasto but these acros are awesome! They are so colorful. I hope they keep the color under my lights!

The blastos colors are outstanding! the orange under actinics shines like crazy! I wish I had a whole colony of this stuff, I really need to get it growing!! The green is really bright too. The only dissapointment was in the size of the red blasto. The green and the orange are almost quarter sized but the combined size of all the red polyps are smaller than a dime.

The service at thesea was excelent also, he emailed me several times while I was waiting for the shipment to arrive so he could keep close tabs on shipping times and I would be totally prepared for acclimation and such. Very nice. The packing was good, but the water temp had dropped quite a bit, due to the weather this week here (cold and rainy) But everything seems to be doing great.

So thats my experience with thesea.org

BigA
05/05/2001, 11:23 PM
I picked up a Blastomousa and 3 other frags yesterday from Blane's...It's nice to see the frags in person...The pictures on the site do the corals no justice.

~BigA

KChan
05/13/2001, 11:25 AM
I received my order from thesea.org on Friday and the service and livestock were both excellent. I ordered the
blue abrolhosensis, blue table, pink millepora, green montipora, two lobophytum, pink zooanthus, blue green zooanthus, and green tonga leather. He also threw in some free items, green yongei, blue tip formosa, green/orange zooanthus, pink montipora, and blue green sinularia which
more then covered the shipping cost. The acro frags definitely have better coloration then shown in the pictures. They were a nice size and mounted on plugs.

Blane provided helpful suggestions and provided accurate
descriptions of what I was receiving. He kept in contact
throughout the shipping process and everything was packed
well. A very nice experience.

Snailman
05/13/2001, 02:15 PM
KChan

[welcome]

JG
05/13/2001, 11:35 PM
where are they located?

KChan
05/14/2001, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Snailman.

AG - He's located in Pittsburgh, PA.

Adam
05/14/2001, 02:58 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to throw anther thumbs up in for Blane. I am lucky enough to get to stop by his place occasionally, and I always feel like a kid in a candy store.

He does not even waste his time on things that aren't really nice, and he has alot of things that you just don't even see.

Definitely worth checking out.

Adam

JG
05/14/2001, 04:59 PM
How about some pics of the frags! I'm thinking of placing an order :)

Snailman
05/14/2001, 06:34 PM
Look here -> http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=21288 for pictures of their frags. This is the very reason I ask people not to start more than one thread about a vendor because you then have to ask for information that has already been posted about them.