PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyeone

reefdudemaast
08/02/2003, 07:29 PM
Hey gang whats going on..I learned about this at todays meeting and wanted to test it out and see how the response level is. The meeting went well and I'm hoping to meet more members at the next meeting. If you have any questions just post them on this forum and hopefully we can get some Q&A going back and forth. take care.

Ben

EdKruzel
08/02/2003, 08:39 PM
Welcome Ben,
I apologize for not making the meeting. I have to pay the bills and couldn't change my schedule for today.

I hear it was a good discussion group. Please feel free to post any thoughts about each meeting and any ideas for improvements.

Was there any talk of frag swaps?

Later,
Ed

reefdudemaast
08/02/2003, 09:33 PM
Ed,
We did discuss frag trading and the members there did seem up to trying it out. Maybe this is something we can plan for the next month or so for a possible meeting.

P.S. I have a small rock with abuot 15 orange zooanthids I am looking at getting rid of (trade). Im interested in in a small frag of birds nest or Purple M. digitata. If you have either please let me know and if a trade isn't for you I dont mind paying cash. take care all.

katar
08/03/2003, 01:06 AM
Hey its good to see some action in this forum its been a while since any talk has been done here. Ben, its great to see another enthusiast of the marine hobby,welcome to the club I hope we can incorporate some of the experience you had in your San Antonio marine club. I was able to get a frag of the anthelia as you wanted. As soon as it heals up and opens up properly ill let you know.
Hey Ed sorry you could not make it, it was like the meeting was missing an arm or something because our president is usually our biggest speaker and teacher.:)

reefdudemaast
08/04/2003, 10:18 PM
anyone out there in reefland??? :smokin:

katar
08/05/2003, 12:05 AM
Hey it's just me Daniel checking in for the night.
Sup Ben im keeping an eye on that purple people eater but i must be doing something wrong because i lost two polyps out of ten. Well its not bad since i started with three polyps only. I hope i dont lose anymore because i hope to trade them with the rest of the club. As soon as I reach 20 polyps ill start fragging pieces.

reefdudemaast
08/05/2003, 12:23 AM
katar,
are you dosing iodine?? ive seen great results with it. If you ever have one purple polyp that comes off or something we can throw in my tank under the halide and see how it does. Ive had that new 20K XDE for a few weeks and my star polyps and orange zooanthids are spreading like crazy already. I wish I had something big enough to frag for you.... hopefully soon enough I will.

katar
08/05/2003, 01:00 AM
I use to add small amounts of pure idodine but I changed to a product that keeps the levels of the all the trace elements including iodine in check. It is called S-plus by Korallin, ever since I have been using it my corals grow like crazy thats how I was able to get so many Xenia and anthelia frags, here is a url.

http://marinedepot.com/a_ad_kt_s_plus_info.asp?CartId=

I hope this url works for you. I see that you have star polyps. What color purple, green, or metal green. I have been trying to get some metal green star polyps.

Thanks