PDA

View Full Version : Nemo and Eddie's

vmiller
08/02/2003, 05:18 PM
Saw a hippo tang in Eddie's 10 gallon Nemo display on the front counter.:rolleyes:

It was small, but still.

semigodd154
08/02/2003, 05:21 PM
no way i started busting matts chops when i seen the gramma in there with the 2 clowns he said we'll never add a hippo to much bio load yada yada yada im losing respect quickly

vmiller
08/02/2003, 05:59 PM
As I was paying, a little girl was walking out of the store telling her mom that she want's a "blue tang". I was going to ask if they get a lot of people in there wanting to put hippos in small tanks. As I was leaving, I saw it. Good thing I didn't ask :)

greenman
08/02/2003, 06:28 PM
I have to agree, be responsible and put the dam thing in a reasonable sized tank.
http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/bluetang.htm

“Tangs in Nature are not true reef-dwelling fish, in that they don't only keep to a small territory; they are open water schooling fish that are breef visitors to the reef. You can tell by their very shape (streamlined and narrow) that they are built for speed, and need the room to swim. Some people would say that the limit for even the smallest tangs is 75 gallons, with larger ones needing 90-100 gallons and up. To me, the actual cut-off between "ok" and "poor" is debatable still, but I do agree that they need room. When they feel cramped and stressed, they are very ich-prone (see the Disease page for more info on SW ich).� http://www.2cah.com/pandora/P_hepatus.html

Hey folks as we all know its about money and what will sell... :(

greenman
08/02/2003, 09:28 PM
:eek2:

thrasher
08/02/2003, 09:46 PM
hi
its not actually in there to sell blue tangs, it also wasent matts idea. i beleive its in there just to relate a little bit more to the movie for when kids see the tank (being as how dori is a huge hit with them). i think if anything it should be either 2 clowns 1 royal gramma and a cleaner shrimp or 1 clown 1 royal gramma and a cleaner being as how nemo AND his father where not in the tank together but the clown gramma and shrimp where but thats just me lol. anyone at eddies would try to stop someone from putting a blue tang in a 10gal.

partagas
08/02/2003, 11:26 PM
Some time I wonder about that. I can not picture who you are thrasher, but some of the workers their are some what clueless. Or just don't care. It's a job and the more they sell the more they make. I have seen them call fish by the wrong name. I even had to point out three fish that I bought because they did not know what it was or looked like. I am to the point that I go out of the area looking for new live stock.

But that's just M/O

thrasher
08/03/2003, 10:11 AM
well the problem is there are so many fish to learn. i dont know what all the fish and corals and plants are because theres so many. i have a strong desire to learn all the salts amd be right up to or beyond matt. freshwater fish ive had since i was a kid so a lot of them i knew already as with most who work there. as for african ciclids i have to get someone else because i am COMPETLY clueless with them. also you cant really miss me im 6'4" 300lbs

vmiller
08/03/2003, 10:59 AM
Read Eric Borneman's 'Aquarium Corals' and refer to Scott Michaels 'Marine Fishes' whenever someone asks you about a fish. Both of these books are on the book shelf at Eddies.

Vin

thrasher
08/03/2003, 11:16 AM
i own marine fishes and soon "as soon as i get the $$ im getting a coral and invert book.

partagas
08/03/2003, 11:55 AM
Thrasher, after seeing your photo. I have never had the pleasure of meeting you at Eddies. And I know that it sounded like I was bashing your co-workers. But It was just my option. And we know about options......... It is good to see others who want to learn and love this hobby. Please do not take my last remarks personal.

thrasher
08/03/2003, 11:59 AM
its ok.

partagas
08/03/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by thrasher
i own marine fishes and soon "as soon as i get the $$ im getting a coral and invert book.

Also when I saw this I started laughing. There is never enough money. Just when you get the money for one thing, you see something else. And in the long run you end up with two tanks that you can not afford to start up and have them sit in your garage.

:lol:

thrasher
08/03/2003, 12:27 PM
lmao!