PDA

View Full Version : My brand new red shrooms

elefink
08/02/2003, 03:47 PM
These are the first corals in my tank. I just got home from the LFS with them, and the white guts are out of some of them. Will they go back in? Should I be worried?

Also, the guy gave me a neat red and green polyp in the bag. He pulled it off of a rock. It's a little curled up tube now. He said to put it on the substrate for now. I'd like to move it up onto the rock later. What do I do with this thing? What do I glue it there with?

Thanks

OUinLA
08/02/2003, 04:34 PM
Assuming you've got good water quality then everything will be fine. Put the mushrooms in an area that doesn't have turbid flow but still gets a nice gentle current over them. The polyp will probably open up in the next few minutes. put it on the sand and leave it alone. After a few days you can stick it in a rock that has a nice hole in it. Or you would put a few pieces of rubble rock, if you have any, under the polyp and it will attach to it, then you could place that rock anywhere you wanted, basically.

elefink
08/02/2003, 04:43 PM
the shrooms are opening, and the guts are going back in.

The polyp is still in the tube. A hermit crab tried to drag it off, so I put it in a glass cup on the floor of the tank. I hope it opens soon. How can I tell if it's dead? Maybe it got stung in the bag, since the guts were out of the mushrooms. Will it be ok if that happened? Is there anything I can do for it?