PDA

View Full Version : anybody know when the next meeting is?

tyler
08/01/2003, 01:23 AM
just like the title line says.

and seriously, we gotta start getting some action on here. only us young bloods seem to have anything to say.

despot101
08/01/2003, 07:24 AM
I'm guessing its in september, but how knows. I thought I would post because I want to get into some trading...I need to fill out my tanks. If there's a meeting in september I hope to bring some xenia, some zoo's(super super easy to frag), fuzzy shrooms(took a test frag last night), a couple different types of macro, some smallish snails that breed like rabbits, and hopefully some ricordea's.

I'd love to trade for other rics, zoo's, shrooms, and any lps's or sps's.

JnS
08/07/2003, 03:57 PM
your club take the summer off?
I was thinking of making the 2hour + trip one of these times :)
heard 95% of the club is saltwater, is that true?

also has anyone been to the store in alexandria mall?

despot101
08/07/2003, 04:11 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why but they seem to skip out on the summer months. It's pretty cool, I make the 3hr drive from bismarck to check it out. There aren't too many members that attend each meeting. It seems there's always a large crowd for the big auctions(leeches). But at a normal meeting I guess most of the members are sw keepers. But there's usually only like 20 or so people there. There's always a few frags for sale or trade at eat meeting.

JnS
08/07/2003, 04:17 PM
now thats a drive, nothing out there for a club?

well I would not mind going if people wanted to trade frags or buy africans from me :)

despot101
08/07/2003, 04:27 PM
No Bismarck is horrible, I know of 4 or 5 people with SW tanks. Counting me I think 3 people drive from bismarck to the fargo meetings. I'm sure you could sell some africans, but I don't know what you would get for them. For the frags, not too many people trade. Whenever I've had frags I've just put them in the auction and use whatever money I make from my frags to bid on others. The topics of the meetings are usually split between fw and sw and then there's a couple meetings a year that are only auctions. There was also one last year where everyone had their tank(s) videotaped and they explained the setup and such and the tape was played at the meeting.

I don't have much to offer, (the ricordea frags didnt attach, and xenia kinda crashed) but I'd be willing to trade snails, and/or macro. Probably could get some loose shrooms or maybe a small zoo frag too.

JnS
08/07/2003, 04:31 PM
yea, some of the MAS meetings are lame also...lol..that takes me an hour + to get too aslo.

I can get you good deals on most any corals and such, email me for more info. jerrys@galaxygraffix.com

despot101
08/29/2003, 09:21 AM
I emailed Brian about the meetings and all he was able to say is that they are working on getting everything ready and when its figured out it will be posted at http://www.geocities.com/fmaquarium He said it should be up pretty soon. Hopefully they have one in september. I need more corals!

(Meetings are the 3rd Saturday of the month 1-3pm.)