PDA

View Full Version : not good for NARC

greenbean36191
07/30/2003, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure if any of you noticed this but every week the Pet Gallery runs a small ad in the Wed. Huntsville Times. The ad usually has a coupon included with it so I check it every week.It is usually a free hamster when you buy a cage or something like that. This week's ad was much worse than a free hamster. The ad says "STORE CLOSING Thanks for 16 years of business 20%-50% off already low price."!!!! That makes me want to cry. That was my favorite LFS. I actually trusted the people there. I guess that means we need to find a new place to meet. I will miss it. Now I'm off to go check out their deals.

greenbean36191
07/30/2003, 07:04 PM
Well, I just got back from the Pet Gallery and here is the deal. The retail store will be closing at the end of August... but BJ is turning the store into a mail order saltwater store. That means we might still be able to meet there. BJ wasn't there for me to ask though.

greenbean36191
07/30/2003, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that since the store is going to switch to all saltwater, none of the saltwater stuff is on sale :(

Mariner
07/31/2003, 10:13 AM
I just talked to BJ on the phone -- before I read your post greenbean. From what he said, it sounds like some saltwater stuff may be continued at the owners house, but basically Pet Gallery is going to bite the dust. :(
I guess we can talk about new meeting places at the meeting next Thursday. I think Tomoko said that the Aquarium Shop offered to let us meet there, and we might also want to meet in homes once in awhile.
In other bad news, Lucy's Lagoon is not going to give us any club discounts -- of course Daryll has got decent prices already, and he usually does give you a good deal if you buy in quantity.
Hope to see ya'll next Thursday.
Mariner

kng
08/02/2003, 08:39 AM
Well I went in there yesterday to get a Picture of their 58 gallon. It is the tank I want to set up when we move this winter. I plan on putting it built in the wall of the living room. Has anyone ever tried this?

I think the Aquarium Shop would be the next best choice for meeting. I think we should confirm this with Pete since we will be trading frags. Who knows, maybe if he sees this reef interest he will start carrying more corals. (Even though he's very pricey on all his stuff:mad2: )

Meeting at someone's house would be a good idea too. I got to see Tomoko's beautiful reef AND planted tank! :thumbsup: Unfortunately, between the new baby and getting ready for the move, I would rather wait until early Spring to host a meeting. By then I will be good and started on the 58 project.

Are we still going to try and meet this Thursday? We can meet and Pet Gallery one last time I guess. :mixed:

Talk to everyone later,
-Kyle

greenbean36191
08/02/2003, 09:01 AM
I really like their display tank. I just wish they didn't have so much macro in there. Does anyone know what kind of lighting they use? How about dosing?