PDA

View Full Version : Coming home

Niven
07/30/2003, 02:40 PM
I'm heading home to Akron, Ohio on Thursday. Actually going up to my brothers in Conneaut and then Akron on Friday night, Canton Football Hall of Fame for Sat/Sun then the game on Monday, PACKERS!!!!! Any suggestions for LFS's? Or just someplace to hang out on Sat night? Grafxguy and I will be looking for some drinks! :beer:
Email me or just post here, I'll be checking.
Gareth

johnrags1234
07/31/2003, 10:07 PM
Go to aquatic technoldgy.

Aquatictech.com. It is in Columbia Station. It is about 30 minutes from akron.

Well, Akron is a pretty small place you know. Where are you staying? Chances are you arent really staying in akron. Probably on the westside in Fairlawn or Montriose if youll be in a hotel.

If you are going to eat out:

Two Amigos on Main street in highland square. Right by downtown akron. Mexican food. they have margaitas that are served in glass the size of a mans head. I wouldnt know what they tasted like though ;)

Otani steakhouse in the valley. It is japanese style food cooked at your table. Really good and something different.

There is pletty of other places, those just happen to be among my favs. For the most part, everything else is pretty much just chains.

If you have the time and are into primates and other exotics, check out This exotic animal farm (http://www.rivendellexoticfarm.org/?C=S&O=D). It is about 30 minutes from akron, in orville, which is where Smuckers jelly is from.

Obviously, we also have the rock and roll hall of fame in cleveland.

If you have any specific questions, post or PM me.

John

Rhodophyta
08/01/2003, 10:48 AM
There is a Fish Show and Auction Saturday and Sunday in Akron at the Tallmadge Community Center.

The auction Sunday always has started off with new items displayed at one of the dealer booths, by Ray Lucas. There are nearly always a lot of brand new items and new products. I usually get great bargains on the saltwater items, since most of the people there for the auction are freshwater. This year I may not be buying everything with a salty use that comes up, and that should give you a chance.

The freshwater classes in the Show Saturday and Sunday will dwarf the saltwater classes, if recent history repeats, but marine entries draw a disproportionate amount of interest from the general public attending the show. Perhaps you will see some entries representing C-SEA and other Ohio saltwater and reef clubs, in an effort to share our hobby and help potential new members find out about the reef clubs.

More info about the show and maps at:

http://www.gaas-fish.net/

Be sure to use the Tallmadge map. The other map is to the monthly meetings.