PDA

View Full Version : Crud day

iCam
07/29/2003, 11:27 PM
Hey all. I'd have to say at had my most depressing day at an LFS today. I went into one lfs in town to pick up some dry goods. I hadn't been in for a long time because it isn't a very good lfs. On the way in, I saw advertisements saying "We found Nemo!" and sure enough they were selling little tanks of clownfish. They had a display. It was a little inch long clown with some regular gravel,some fake plants, and enough cyano to last a life time. After that, I walked back to see several dying corals. In one tank I saw some t. crocea clams in what I would guess was about 30 watts of NO lighting. There were also some tangs and an angel each in their own little 3-4 gallon cube. I walked out with my dry goods (cheaper than the other lfs) with a cruddy feeling.

battplus
08/04/2003, 08:24 AM
I purchase my dry goods at the discount stores as well. The stores have really pitifull livestock. The best move I made was to purchase as much as possible on-line or from my favorite LFS. You should look into joining a reef club, they will have all sorts of healthy livestock between members, and there are discounts for dry goods at a lot of places as well.