PDA

View Full Version : August Lighting Symposium in Nashua, NH

moe_k
07/29/2003, 06:20 PM
Hi folks,

I hope you don't mind my intrusion into your forum, but I wanted to bring our neighbors some news on a guest speaker we've arranged in August. All Hudson Valley Reef Keepers should consider themselves invited to our big day next month...

It’s been a hot, sunny summer and it’s about to get a little bit hotter and brighter! The Boston Reefers Society is excited to announce that we will be hosting Bright Ideas: Lighting for the Reef Aquarium, a lighting symposium sponsored by Inland Reef to be held in Nashua, NH on August 23, 2003.
The symposium features keynote speaker Sanjay Joshi and guest speaker Tullio Dell Aquila.

We will be raffling and auctioning drygoods along with frags from Dr. Mac and Sons Corals to raise funds for MACNA XVI, which the BRS will host in September 2004.
In addition, we have also sent out invitations to lighting manufacturers in the hopes to have vendors exhibit their products at the event.

There will also be a post-event BBQ hosted by our sponsor Inland Reef. A grand re-opening of Inland Reef’s new store will follow the BBQ.

We hope you will join us for this special occasion. All attendees must reserve their seat by RSVPing at www.bostonreefers.org. We would like to give special thanks to Inland Reef for their support of this event.

Some details
Event location: Sheraton Tara hotel, Nashua, NH 03063 (www.sheraton.com/nashua)
BBQ/grand opening location: 522 Amherst Street (RT 101A), Nashua, NH 03063 (www.inlandreef.com/map.html)

12:00 to 01:00 Vendor exhibits and registration ($6 BRS members/$10 non-members – subject to change at our discretion)
01:00 to 02:00 Guest speaker Tullio dell Aquila, Lighting for the Reef Aquaria
02:00 to 03:30 Keynote speaker Sanjay Joshi, Impact of Reflectors on Light Distribution
03:30 to 04:00 Raffle and auction
04:00 to 05:00 Vendor exhibits
05:00 to 00:00 BBQ hosted by Inland Reef followed by grand re-opening

Please be sure to visit our announcements page for all of the details regarding the event, including how to RSVP, where/when to view the Dr. Mac frags, and bios on our speakers.

Cheers,
Moe Kirby and the BRS Officers

(PS: if this intrusion is out of line just send me an email and I'll have it removed)

Tomzpc
07/29/2003, 07:04 PM
Roadtrip?! Just a thought. I haven't checked the date against the official family event calendar planner (my wife) yet though.

Tom Z

:beer:

andro
07/30/2003, 01:07 PM
Sounds awesome, if I wasn't going to california for a wedding, I would go.

moe_k
08/18/2003, 08:14 AM
^bump^
Event is this Saturday.
Please use link above to RSVP if you're planning on attending.
Thanks.