PDA

View Full Version : Is the Criiter all there is?

jslomo420
07/29/2003, 02:28 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the Aquatic Critter, but are there any other stores within a couple of hours from Nashville that are worth checking out. I've been to one in Kentucky I think it was Fishy Buisness. Just looking for some variety.

doublee8
07/29/2003, 02:42 PM
There is a small place called the Fish Bowl over by the airport close to where Donnelson Pike crosses Murfreesboro road. They are primarily freshwater, but they do have 8-10 saltwater tanks. The "stuff" they have us usually fairly healthy and she can order anything, sometime takes a while to get it in though.

E

kevlouie
07/29/2003, 04:24 PM
welcome to reef central!

I think knoxville has some ok stores still, dont know about noogachatta or memphis, there is a pretty cool one in Clarksville, Pet Palace on 41 A (south side)

Noon
08/03/2003, 03:27 PM
Fish Bowl is a pretty good place. You walk in its not got the flash and large amount of stuff as AQ has, but they are extremely nice every time you come in even if they are busy, unlike AQ when the help isnt always so nice. Fish bowl does have different views on some things from this board, but everyone has their own idea on how to do things. Give them a shot, they dont normally have alot of SW stuff but can get it in for you and they wont let you have it until it shows that its healthy and will eat.

EvilMel
08/14/2003, 04:04 PM
I realise it's a long way (3hr depending on how fast you drive/traffic), but you should come to Knoxville and check out the Coral Reef. No flash, just good stuff and good staff. Some things you see are a bit more expensive, but it's because they don't buy in bulk as much as places like Aquatic Critter. (just my theory).

You could stay the night and check out the wonderful things knowville has to offer. Hang on...I'm trying to think...

Mel

skippy
08/16/2003, 01:43 PM
Hey,

Where is the Coral Reef??

I am in, (around Knoxville) myself. I go to the "Aquarium" off papermill drive. They have a nice layout of products and livestock.

Kip

skippy
08/16/2003, 02:01 PM
Found the Coral Reef, going to go by there and check them out today!!

thanks!

rcmike
08/22/2003, 08:00 PM
The Burmuda Triangle in Chattanooga is pretty good. There fish are pretty expensive but they have some cool stuff. Some of the corals are not too bad. The guy that was working there(I think he was the owner) was very nice and helpful. We got some killer live rock there a few months ago.

aquaman67
08/28/2003, 07:21 PM
Clarksville has Pet Palace. They have good live stock but you have to get there when they unload it...usually tuesday night.

They sell most of what they get right out of the box. If you get it in the bag, they usually knock some off the price.