PDA

View Full Version : Reef livestock purchasing in Florida?

TheMandarinFish
07/28/2003, 08:44 PM
Hey all,

I am planning a visit to relatives in Florida in February, starting in Miami and ending in Tampa (flying home from there).

I am very interested in visiting and purchasing from Tampa Bay Saltwater, as their rock is eco-responsible and insanely covered in colorful life (but shipping home to Cali is expensive).

I figured I would end there and get rock on my way to fly home.

But along the way I want to shop for other livestock. Perhaps the best way would be to start in Tampa and end in Miami, bringing the rock along in a cooler (won't be a long trip).

Either way, I want to plan an itinerary involving reef livestock shopping. Especially looking for hardy, aquacultured, or interesting coral (frags especially). Ricordeas would be perfect.

Saving money at big outlets (like those in LA) would be optimal.

So, all that said, what places / stores / public aquariums (of course gotta see those too) do you recommend?

Planning a family trip around aquarium shopping in Florida; I must be sick and addicted to this hobby!

Treeman
08/02/2003, 09:19 PM
Hey Mandrinfish,

There is a really good store in Pembroke Pines. ALL-SEALIFE. He is in a group of warehouses on pembroke road just west of I95. He has all sorts of hard, soft corals, zoos and such. You got to check em out.

There really isn't any big outlets up in Broward. There might be some in Miami, but I haven't heard of any.

Good Luck, Matt

Treeman
08/02/2003, 09:21 PM
Forgot,

www.all-sealife.com

800-987-9268
954-987-9268

Matt