PDA

View Full Version : Over Grown Ricordia

ljp3
07/28/2003, 04:47 PM
I have a couple of rocks that have alot of Ricordia and they are starting to look like they are over grown (Smashing each other) Is there anything I can do about it?
Also I have never fragged a mushroom (or anything for that matter) is there a good how to link out there? Thanks

dwarfatize
07/28/2003, 07:26 PM
here is what you do. You frag them and send them to me. I would think If the ricordea wasn't getting enough light it would jump off the rock.

TJReef
07/28/2003, 07:27 PM
Sell some of them back to your LFS for cash or credit, or advertise them on the sell forum on this site. Or you could send them to me. I won't charge to take them off your hands, hee hee.

MDKyleZ
07/29/2003, 12:27 AM
I'll buy some of them from you...

Kyle

Typo
07/29/2003, 01:02 AM
an easy way to frag them is to take the rock they are on(if possible) hang it upside down above the waters surface with a net under the rock. after the mushrooms streat a bit cut the entire polyp from the stem with a clean, sharp pair of scissors. place the polyps into a container with the entire bottom covered with rubble(i find large crushed coral works good for this) and place in a low flow area of the tank or refugium. after about a week the polyps should attach to the rubble and you can glue the peices to a larger rock. the stem that are left on the original rock should and usually do recover just fine.

ljp3
08/01/2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks Typo I am going to give it a try this week end. Wish me luck....

Never said I had to much ricordia, just that it is so cluttered on the rocks that they don't open up fully (hope I explained it right)