PDA

View Full Version : New CMAS Sponsor

makoshark
07/28/2003, 08:04 AM
For those of you whom like to order some items online. I wanted to let you know that I have been corresponding with a Gentleman named Darin of Marine Aquatic in Wisconsin who runs www.captivereefs.com (http://www.captivereefs.com). He has agreed to provide CMAS Members with an 8% discount on all items purchased from him and if volume warrants it he will increase that amount over time.

I have worked it out with him so that we can post his website on the CMAS.net (http://www.cmas.net) website and in our newsletter, however we have devised a process that requires members to fax a copy of their current CMAS Membership Card to him referencing their order number to qualify for the discount and prevent non-members from abusing the discount code which is simply CMAS.

Here is his information:

Marine Aquatic – www.captivereefs.com
2411 N 103rd Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (866) 520-5781
Local: (414) 773-9113
Fax: (414) 257-3551
Warehouse is in San Diego, CA where shipping charges originate.

To qualify for the CMAS discount members need to do the following:

1. Visit www.captivereefs.com
2. Submit an order.
3. Enter CMAS as the coupon code.
4.Once you have received an order confirmation, fax a copy of your current membership card and reference the order confirmation number to receive the 8% discount

Enjoy!
Jeff

makoshark
07/29/2003, 08:45 AM
I received the following e-mail from Darin:

"Jeff,

...You listed me as Marine aquatic. That was actually an error in my site. My webmaster was doing a pretty bad job! He has been replaced. My business is actually Captive Reef, Sorry for any confusion this caused you. Thankfully all the errors are now out of my site.

As A side note I can get All glass and Oceanic tanks from a local distributor. I would be more than happy to give anyone a quote on a tank. They would have to drive up and get it of course.

Thanks again,

Darin Sewell

www.captivereefs.com"

Darin is just outside of Milwaukee.

MARSHALL MANN
08/01/2003, 05:06 PM
jeff i am local and can do better than that pm me and we could discuss in detail

makoshark
08/04/2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by MARSHALL MANN
jeff i am local and can do better than that pm me and we could discuss in detail

I'll admit that I personally am always looking for as much of a discount as possible however I also have an obligation to CMAS and the sponsors that they currently have. Our current sponsors won't continue to support us if we publicly undercut them. All of our sponsors currently offer a discount of in the 10-15% range as stated on the CMAS.net sponsors page (http://cmas.net/cmas_supporters.html) knowing that they will gain increased foot or web traffic for doing so.

kaiyokanman28
08/04/2003, 10:36 AM
I'm behind that 100%, Mako, and I appreciate you taking the stand like that. I went into A Splash of Life yesterday, just to see what they had, and appreciated Brett giving me $5 off of a MaxiJet600 PH. Even if someone could sell it to be for cheaper, I'd much rather have a sponser that trusts us and I actually think that the 10-15% discount is better overall than trying to save another dollar or two on a one-time deal.

I'm certainly not trying to undercut Marshall Mann in the least bit, in fact, I'd encourage you, Marshall, to consider sponsership.

Cheers!

Andy :wildone: