PDA

View Full Version : Monitor/Controllers & Closed Loop System

RobReef
07/28/2003, 01:34 AM
Steve,

Wow! I've been drooling over your tank photos (especially the pump cabinet) for weeks and I just noticed the ‘discussion forum’. I could easily overwhelm you with too many questions; so I’ve narrowed it down to two subjects...okay three questions.

I'm currently building the stand and canopy for my new aquarium and I'm trying to decide on a Neptune System or Aquadyne Octopus controller for this system. I believe you're using both controller/monitors. Which model do you recommend? I would like to control lights, wave maker, fans, chiller, heater and monitor temperature and ph. Thoughts?

In regards to your closed loop system – you’re most likely familiar with SeaHorse Aquarium Supply in Portland; they sell a pump by Filtronics (variable speed control, magnetic drive). Would you recommend this pump for use with a closed loop system using three or four of these pumps? It’s an odd question but this closed loop system is a new idea for me; one of your threads touched on ‘noise’ and my four MaxiJet 1200s are driving me nuts in my current tank.

I’m an Upscales customer too and they’ve sold me the entire PM line of equipment. What is your opinion of the PM Bullet Skimmers? I have a Bullet 1 with the newer injector and I’m considering purchasing a Bullet 2 for this new system.

I’d really like to see additional photos of your tank and pump cabinet if possible. You’ve created the ‘Street of Dreams’ equivalent of reef aquariums and that garage photo is making me rethink my planning in our new home. It is a masterpiece of technology and nature.

Thank you in advance, Rob

Skipper
07/28/2003, 06:11 AM
Hey Rob. Are your questions directed to Steve Weast? I'm sure he rarely checks in here. You would probably be better off to PM him with a link to this thread.

RobReef
07/28/2003, 02:21 PM
Thx Skip :)