PDA

View Full Version : 4/30/01 meeting.........what's your name again?

kennerd
05/01/2001, 09:13 AM
Had a great time last night...as if it's not hard enough to remember usernames & who you posted with online and where: now we have to put some faces to names to usernames!

Let's see who's snooping around here, since I'd like to put some usernames into memory (or maybe a notepad??) Apologies up front, but I'd like to contac the following people online again:

The fellow with the reefs.org shirt that I traded a blastamussa for his green star polyps: they are already open.

The fellow with the green sinularia & the historic acro of german lineage......wanted to keep you posted on the nepthya and shoot you the info on the guy in Georgia with the monster carpet.

Tracey & Preston: let you know when the monti shows up: since I haven't heard from the guy in CA yet, it will most likely be Wednesday @ the earliest.

Brian: re: the little bright yellow finger-thingy that I bought from you last night out of the softy tank: I looked on your site & found two items that look like it: rasta leather & green mumps..which is it?

OK, that's it for now...looking forward to the future of this whole shindig!

Ken

ATLANTIS
05/01/2001, 11:18 AM
Neon Green Mumps!! That't IT!!!!!!!

check out the photo's at http://www.atlantisaquatic.com/njreef.html

kennerd
05/01/2001, 11:29 AM
That's the shape, all right.. not a neon yellow mumps, though? It IS yellow......

Man, I hate cameras.....Great place you have, Brian. I do have a quick question for you, though: i noticed you have a ton of valonia in your tank upstairs. Does it concern you much? I mean, is it something that comes & goes, and you don' worry about it, or is it just something that you don't even attempt to control?

katspaw
05/01/2001, 12:04 PM
Yes the meeting was fun last night, I just wish I would have had the chance to speak to everyone. Last night was a little bit of a whirl wind, and I am still trying to put names with faces and then match them up to reefboard names.:D It was great meeting everyone.

Tracey

ATLANTIS
05/01/2001, 03:22 PM
.......Green - Yellow.......

I have discussions all the time about that subject....

Since I am constantly challenged on the color.... it must be that everyone else is wrong :)

I don't really worry about the valonia.... My sailfin tang eats a little... I find that on the live rock, the coraline algae grows over the valonia making for some interesting live rock ;)

Any help with identifications on my pics would be appreciated...
What I do know...
1st pic.......paulietang
2nd pic.......????? & Jim & Tom & ????? & barhoops
3rd pic.......????? & ????? & ?????
4th pic.......kennard & katspaw
5th pic.......????? & ?????
6th pic.......?????
7th pic.......barhoops & rovert & ?????

Forgive me if I hav forgoten your names... Met a lot on new folks with some interesting stories....

kennerd
05/01/2001, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear that. I had an emerald mithrax in my 12 gallon that made a short life of the little bit of valonia that I had, but with little other algae left from the cleanup crew, moved on to the very small amount of coralline that I had @ the time & it had stripes scraped through it...byebye: traded him for a small tripled mouthed ricordia @ the LFS.

For now, I only see an occaisional bubble in the middle of my pipe organ polyps, and pull those out when I se them: ther's probably a bubbling mass of them around the back..can't do it all!

Thanks for the ID on pictured folks......

katspaw
05/01/2001, 07:04 PM
Hey Brian,

in Picture 5 I think that is joe and rick(reefan)

bahrhoops
07/21/2001, 11:02 AM
Now has 7 stunning polyps ! I need sunglasses to look at the candy center!
thanks - Stephen Bahr

bahrhoops
07/21/2001, 11:05 AM
4th from the left is my friend Tony Hilbert , he broght in the Schubert(sp) acro frag.
-steve

kennerd
07/23/2001, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear it...pretty neat specimen, I agree.

Your green star polyps are doing fine & are finally beginning to spread onto the rock next to them. I may have them in a little too much current, though. I am trying to get them to spread onto the back glass on the 12 gallon, similar to Brian's xenia on his tank upstairs in his dining room.

bahrhoops
07/23/2001, 07:03 PM
Ive seen a tank that has GSP growing like a lawn on the sand bed in a tank. pretty nice touch

kennerd
07/24/2001, 08:48 AM
I've seen the same thing, but my 12 gallon is pretty packed as it is! Hopefully I'll be able to get my digital camera ordered today or tomorrow & get some posted pictures out there. Everything is looking so good these days.