PDA

View Full Version : Happy as a clam

Westpat
07/25/2003, 10:33 PM
Got my clam today thanks to Tomoko and Blane from thesea.org.
Very happy as it and my other purchases are doing well. The free zoos I got look likr they are going to be bright orange and flourescent yellow. The lemnalia really opened once I got it in the tank.

Here is a clam shot followed by another.
I measured and it is 3.5 inches, so it should be photosynthetic.

Westpat
07/25/2003, 10:55 PM
Side shot!

Thnaks again Tomoko!

Westpat
07/28/2003, 07:53 PM
Last night we had a power outage and when I was checking the tank I discovered that the lemnalia had swan dove into the tube anemone. It was laying next to it and I put it in a little rescue box to shield it but still allow water movement. It still has its color so we will see if it lives!

David

Tomoko Schum
07/28/2003, 09:10 PM
Too bad about your lemnalia. Hope it comes back.

I am glad your clam is doing well. I see that it opened up nicely. It's such a nice big clam.

I thought that the free zoos were brownish colored or so it appeared on Blane's website. I hope they will grow fast so you can frag them and share them with the rest of us. My zoos seems to be doing well, too. Another polyp on PPE is opening up gradually. The one that has been open is starting to look plump (fleshy looking) like the picture on thesea.org website. It has not turned purple yet. The skirts on my other zooz are kind of yellowish instead of green. Hope they will brighten up once I move them closer to light.

Tomoko

Westpat
07/30/2003, 01:08 PM
The lemnalia is looking better, and I am going to order my right clam from Blane. He was very apologetic about it, and he was very quick in wanting to help me out. I tried to put an order in also on his new four color ricordia. We will see and I will keep you posted. My brother is running a tank right now that is breeding more mushrooms than a cow pasture.(Grew up on a farm reference!) If I get it and it goes in there, hopefully it will multiply with the same success as his others.

David

Tomoko Schum
07/30/2003, 01:17 PM
Your right clam? Did Blane send a wrong one?

I see that he has a zoo I wanted up on his site as available now. I got to stop looking at all those new things. I want too many things.

Tomoko

Westpat
07/30/2003, 01:32 PM
Yeah, but it is beautiful too. The one I wanted is a little more colorful, and has more pattern to it. Let me know if you want something.

David

yoda
07/30/2003, 07:01 PM
Hello,

Can someone give me the web address of the place you guys ordered from? I'd like to see some of these zoos.

thanks,
Jason

Tomoko Schum
07/30/2003, 07:52 PM
Try http://thesea.org

Go to the farm section (http://thesea.org/captivesystems/store/default.asp)
to take a look at their corals for sale.

Tomoko

Westpat
07/31/2003, 02:29 AM
Tomoko I have put in to get the four color ricordia, keep your fingers crossed. I should know something later today.

David

PS Since I went looking for some propagation sites and I found
GARF (http://www.garf.org)
What a wealth of knowledge that has a ton of articles on softies, their care, and their raising.

Try it out if you have a couple of hours to kill! It is easy to navigate, ther is just a ton of info.

Tomoko Schum
07/31/2003, 12:38 PM
Hi David,

I love GARF's site very much, too. I love the color scheme they use to create their tanks. Pet Gallery have gotten a couple of shipment from GARF and I have been trying to convince them to order some of my favorite items. I know a lot of people are split on GARF, but I love the looks of the corals they shipped to Pet Gallery. I heard that some people say GARF doctors up their pictures, but their corals at Pet Gallery look as good as their pictures on their site. Too bad Pet Gallery does not sell them to us yet - all in the display tank (not for sale).

Tomoko

Westpat
07/31/2003, 01:01 PM
Could that be something that we do a group order on down the line. The only thing I saw on any posts was that their specimens were a little small but over the course of a year had amazing growth. Who knows! I did place another order from Blane, I should have it by next thursday. As of right now I will be getting the four color ricordia.

David

Tomoko Schum
07/31/2003, 02:04 PM
We can discuss about the possibility in our meeting. I recall someone in Birmingham had a not-so-good experience with them. I heard nothing bad about thesea.org so far and that's why I felt it's safe to do a collective ordering. Now that we know Pet Gallery is going down (I just learned about it), ordering through them is not going to be a possibility.

Tomoko

yoda
08/03/2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks Tomoko,

Looks like he does have some nice zoos. I'm sure you guys are enjoyin' em :)

Jason