PDA

View Full Version : Which RO/DI are you using in St. Louis County?

DStroman
07/25/2003, 08:29 AM
I am looking into purchasing a RO/DI unit pretty soon and I would like some input before I purchase. I live in St. Louis County and have looked up the water report online but I don't have enough experience to make a good choice. I guess my next step would be to forward on the water report to a couple of vendors. I would appreciate any advice you can provide me.

Thanks,

David

moconet
07/25/2003, 10:11 AM
I purchased a Kent Marine from Drs Foster and Smith. I trust Kent Marine for their products. Although, it probably doesn't really matter who you get your replacement filters from, I did want to get a quality product.

I did not get a DI unit with it, but I'm going to add one. I found a whole house filter canister at HD for $9 and cn get the DI cartridge for about $25 - so I'll have a complete system.

My RO system pumps 24 GPH which is perfect for my 75 gal system. I could see it working for a 200+ gal tank with no problem. I hooked mine up to a solenoid and a digital timer, so the water is replenished 6 times a day for about 15 minutes.

I did see some RO/DI units on eBay exceptionally cheap and they said that they were 'Brand New' - might be worth checking out. I would not buy a used unit, simply because if the RO cartridge gets dried out - it's done...

griss
07/25/2003, 11:51 AM
I use a Spectra Pure RO unit with two add on DI canisters. In the first add on DI I have a chloramine cartridge and the second is a standard DI. I did this because we have a lot of chloramines in our water here.

George

jmilt
07/25/2003, 05:47 PM
Mine is a 4 stage from Aquatic reef systems. They are a sponsor of Reef central and have pretty inexpensive systems.
Jason

SpankyStL
08/18/2003, 04:18 PM
This is probably silly, so I apologize in advance.

Where did you find a water quality report? I'd like to know myself.

witche42
08/18/2003, 07:38 PM
here's the guy i bought my new ro/di unit from, they build their own units with quality hardware. plus this one is 6 stage, pretty intense filtration. its been working wonders on my hair algae problem.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=aquasafecanada&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

steven

DStroman
08/18/2003, 10:23 PM
The site of the water report is on the Missouri American Water Companies page, www.mawc.com . Here is a link to the .pdf file for St. Louis county. Water Report (www.mawc.com/awpr/moaw/media/pdf3252.pdf)

I ended up ordering a High Rejection Typhoon with a free TDS meter from Air, Water, Ice. I mounted the unit yesterday and am in the process of filling my tank, refugiums, and sump. In all I will need about 150 gallons of water to get everything filled. I am looking forward to placing an order for rock soon.

David