PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Fin Goby?!?!

bergshawn
07/24/2003, 02:11 PM
Was at the LFS today (Marine Warehouse in Tampa, FL if any of you would like to know) and saw a goby there I liked. They called it a "Paddle Fin Goby". I cannot find any info on a fish with that name anywhere. Seems as though it must really be called something different. Like to do research on all the fish I buy and put in my tank besides the knowledge provided at the LFS. Anyone have any clue what kinda goby this might've been? It was a light brownish in color. Looked at the Goby categories on saltwaterfish.com and liveaquaria.com and didn't see any that looked similar.

Thanks!

Shawn

gregt
07/24/2003, 04:24 PM
Not a clue here. :confused:

ichthyman
07/26/2003, 05:09 PM
Common names do not mean much but most of the time what appears on the lists as a Paddlefin Goby is Signigobius biocellatus, AKA Twinspot or Crabeye goby. Twinspot gobies are a difficult to feed sand sifter that generally straves to death. Better sources for this fish would be Solomon Islands or perferably Sri Lanka.

Hope this helps.

John Reiter - owner
FISH and other ICHTHY stuff
FNFN

bergshawn
07/27/2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks a lot for the info John. Might be by your store today to pick up a new fish if you're open. I'll call first.

Thanks,

Shawn