PDA

View Full Version : ich::::::: what to do?????

purpletanglvr
04/29/2001, 11:00 PM
my 72 bowfront is having an ich outbreak. any suggestions? Here is the setup: filstar XP3 with the porous pads, carbon, phosguard and seagel. I also have a Emperor 400 with carbon and a bakpak 2R skimmer. I use a rio 600 for circulation and have 45lbs of fiji rock in the tank. Fish only system containing 1 purple tang, 1 regal tang, 1 banana wrasse, 1 cleaner wrasse, 1 flame angel, 1 cleaner shrimp and 6 astrea snails. temp is 79.8 degrees, salinity 1.021.. all tests are in the proper ranges. I have noticed a few white spots on the purple tang and on the flame angel. I have been treating with quick cure for a few days. Should i try another treatment?? suggestions would be great. should i drop the salinity???

thanks

Vilas
04/30/2001, 05:52 AM
er, well, I'm not sure about quick cure - but dosen't it contain copper? If so, you probably do not want to be using it in a tank with live rock..
You might want to quarantine your sick fish and treat them. I hear garlic is a good way to go, try a search on it?

JohnL
04/30/2001, 12:06 PM
There is some good advice in our Disease Treatment Archive (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14).

SCRUBBER
04/30/2001, 11:51 PM
I HAVE BEEN IN REEF AQUARIUMS FOR ABOUT SEVEN YEARS AND
ONE OF THE TESTS THAT I SEE OVERLOOKED OFTEN IS OXYGEN.
FISH MUST HAVE VAST AMOUNTS OF IT OR THEY STRUGGLE, DEPLEATING THE IMUNE SYSTEM CAUSING STRESS.
BACTERIA CAN BUILD/BLOOM, THIS WILL CAUSE A SHOTAGE OF OXYGEN IN YOUR SYSTEM BECAUSE THEY CONSUME IT BEFORE THE FISH CAN GET TO IT.
IF YOU CAN, GET YOUR OXYGEN TESTED BY YOUR LFS. THIS MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.