PDA

View Full Version : RE: Layout of inner walls

tigerfish
07/23/2003, 04:28 PM
Hello,
I will be swapping out my plastic sump for an approximate 27g glass refugium. Since I am new to this arrangement, I am ISO where to place the walls/partitions that need to be glued inside of the new sump in order to create a refugium area. I have seen some pictures and am only able to get bits and pieces from them. I am trying to avoid gluing in partitions and then finding out that they aren't in the proper spots!
Thanks,
Christopher

gregt
07/23/2003, 04:42 PM
You are going to have trouble putting in temporary walls in a glass aquarium. The only thing I can think of off hand is to use silicone to attach the walls, which could theoretically be scraped off if you decide to move them.

Maybe the way to go would be to just "tack" the walls in place with silicone enough to keep them in place and see how the water flows before putting any sand in it. Once you decide you like where they are, silicone them properly and go to town....

Hope that helps...

tigerfish
07/23/2003, 05:02 PM
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I was planning to use silicon to secure the partitions within the tank. I was concerned where to put the partitions to improve efficiency of water flow for all compartments (such as the compartment housing the skimmer, the refugium, etc.).
Thanks,
Christopher

gregt
07/23/2003, 05:07 PM
You don't necessarily want "efficiency" through your refugium, do you?

Tell me more.

tigerfish
07/31/2003, 09:20 AM
Greg,

With respect to "efficiency", I was hoping to build a refugium that would be efficient in its building, e.g., I probably wouldn't place the skimmer compartment in the middle of the sump. Issues I had were location of compartments (divider placements), flow, etc.

Christopher