PDA

View Full Version : Finally... but am i ready?

Fish_manHW
07/22/2003, 11:22 AM
i havent posted hee in a while but i did some thinking and realized this is where i should post my REEF needs... and this saturday, my entire reef set-up is going to be taken down!... but wait, im not celebrating because of that. (how could i) because this reef is so filthy and covered with a copper colored algae, my parents have finally agreed to help me move this 100 gallon tank outside, clean it up, get NEW sand, and set it up again... there are rocks that were built into this aquarium and so many corals right now i have to take it down to clean it... plus my 16" condy anemone wont let me do anything in the middle of the tank... :rolleyes: . so i am moving the water into 2 55 gallon (brand new getting tomorrow) trash cans... i will rinse them out and have them ready for water. i planned on moving the zoo's to my 10 gallon that doesnt have much light... i hjave 3 6" colonies of green and green, orange and green and pink and green. colors... so anyway, after moving all my corals (which isnt all that much) i will be keeping the fish and water in these cans with my VHO lights overtop the cans to regulate the corals photosynthetic needs...i will **try to hook the filter up between the trask cans... the tank will be down for 3 days... will my fish be okay in that amount of time... they are extremely hardy so i dont think i should have problems... but anyway they are 1 marble eye goby (thats what i call it... from florida coLlector) 1 gorgeous 5" lemon tang. 1 beautiful coral beauty angelfish, and the most perfect clownfish in the world... :D plus in my tank i also have the following... they will be in the 10 gallon as well... 20 blue leg hermits, 5 red leg hermits (giants!) 10 albino hermits, 2 lettuce nudibranches, 1 floridian whelk, 1 horseshoe crab, 10 HUGE turbo snails, 5 margarita snails... 10 nassarious snails, some halimeda, caulerpa, maidens hair( dont know why) some LR, 2 peppermint shrimp, and for the other corals, 2 acro's (red, and blueish w/white tips1 16" table coral, and 1 9" pipe organ coral...i know i got some shrooms in thee, but i cant count how many diffeent kinds...lol
so any info would be helpful.. thanks a lot....

-Herb

Fish_manHW
07/22/2003, 04:12 PM
anybody? am i dong everything right this time?
wow im amazed tell me if i need somethin else to plan for