PDA

View Full Version : Floor Re-finishing v. Reef Tank

TimS
05/02/2000, 06:54 AM
Day one of my floor re-finishing is done. The wildlife are still living. My Naso Tang has a large white spot/pustule on his side.

Today, they sand directly above the tank. I hope that lights don't fall into the tank. They put down the first coat of poly. The tank is covered with sheeting.

This is stressful on me. Imagine the creatures.

TimS

Lynn
05/02/2000, 07:08 AM
Hi Tim,

I can imagine what your going through. We are having wood floors installed this morning and I have the tank side they're going to be working on covered with a sheet so the fishes won't be bothered. I'm not looking forward to having to have them re-finished one day.

Best of luck to you and all your critters. Just keep telling them how nice the floors will look when it's all done. :D

Agu
05/02/2000, 08:16 AM
Tim, I'd recommend you have plenty of carbon in the sump and a fan blowing outside air into the room to minimize fumes from the floor finish getting into the tank.

TimS
05/05/2000, 12:54 PM
This seems anticlimactic after Larry’s problems, but the last coat of poly went on my floors yesterday. They are dry today and I haven’t noticed any impact on the tank not caused by a week of neglect while the family lived in a hotel. The smell is getting weaker and weaker. We had warm windy dry week. Bad for brush fires. Good for drying polyurethane.

TimS