PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic ( Last nights light show )

Leviathan
07/22/2003, 06:09 AM
Last night has got to be one of the top five most amazing lightning storms I have ever seen in my entire life.

I dont know if any of you are into storms at all, but I was wondering if anyone else had a chance to see it?

I have loved storms ( all kinds ) since I was a kid, and to see such a display was incredible. The bad part was we lost power here in Maplesville for almost 3 hours, but seeing it made it worth the outtage.

I saw at least 13 or 14 strikes hit the ground within a mile of my house. The sky was lit up purple between the bolts, never seen anything like it before. ( And I used to live in New Mexico where there are impressive electrical storms )

I just hope nobody got hurt in it, it was very dangerous to say the least.

Chris

Mariner
07/22/2003, 06:15 AM
Chris,
There were several spectacular cloud-to-ground lightning strikes around Athens-Huntsville yesterday afternoon -- it even made the six o'clock news!
When the storms came through I was getting my hair cut. The hair stylist must like storms as much as you. She rushed through cutting my hair (snip, snip, zip, zip) so she could run outside to see the storm :rolleyes: :p
Oh well, they say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks (hair growth) :lol:
Mariner

Leviathan
07/22/2003, 04:18 PM
Oh well, they say the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks (hair growth)

:lol: :rollface: :lol:

Westpat
07/22/2003, 08:07 PM
The sky after the storms was spectacular. I had the sun setting yellow in front of my house, and the sky purple behind it, with grey storm clouds splitting the difference.

I also had the awe of seeing a double rainbow that appeared to start on one end of my house and set on the other.

Times like that are made for being still and observing God's paintbrush.

Those moments come too few,
David

Leviathan
07/22/2003, 09:04 PM
I also had the awe of seeing a double rainbow that appeared to start on one end of my house and set on the other.

About 2 1/2 years ago, after I had first moved to the area, there was a rainbow that ended in my backyard. It was something to see.

Double rainbows are incredible, I have been fortunate to have seen triple ones on two seperate occasions when living out west.

greenbean36191
07/25/2003, 07:30 PM
I was in Colorado this week so I missed the storm, but on my way home today I saw a rainbow from the air. That was pretty impressive. I have never seen a double rainbow but my parents have pictures of a few from when they lived in New Mexico. I love New Mexico. I wish I could live there. Leviathan, you are a lucky man.