PDA

View Full Version : August frag trade or sale

Sir Knight
07/19/2003, 11:18 PM
Hi Gang,
Please post the frags you have for trade and or for sale.
This will be for the August meeting at Mel's place.

Thanks
Joe W.

Sir Knight
08/06/2003, 07:33 PM
Hey All,
Here is what I have to trade.
1) Orange Monti Cap
2) Purple Monti Digitata
3) Orange Monti Digitata
4) pink zoo's. These are for Mel that I am trading for red zoo's

If anyone is interested let me know what you have to trade Money also works as a trade if you don't have any corals

Joe W. :D

Acropora35
08/07/2003, 12:21 PM
I've got some purple m. digita frags, small, medium, and a couple that need mounting. Also some Acro Millepora, green/yellow. I've got a large healthy 5-6" branching piece that needs to be mounted or broken down and mounted. Lot's of new growth.
This Acro. was originally from Patrick Monoghans reef. I't's tripled in size since Christmas.
I can also brings some blue zoos if anyone is interested. (not really blue, but bluish). Original colony from Morgan at Inland Aquatics as well as the m digita.
I also have plenty of tank raised a. frenatus that are fat and healthy.

Can someone tell me what size traded frags usually are? Are they always mounted??

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

john

Sir Knight
08/07/2003, 07:23 PM
Hi John,
I think what we all agreed on for frag sizes is 1+ for SPS, 2" - 3" for softs and Zoo's the size of a quarter. Again I think we all agreed to mounted frags

Hope this helps
Joe W.

Acropora35
08/07/2003, 07:44 PM
thanks, i'm new and just want have a clear understanding. brgs j

CPmarine
08/07/2003, 11:00 PM
My dad and I will have a little rock of green star polyps...sorry guys but that's about all we can frag now. We will also be willing to buy frags. Intersted in any monti's and possibly acro's and those blue zoo's sound pretty cool. Dennis gave us a bali green acro frag (I think its a bali green :rolleyes: ) I want to see how it does for a couple weeks before we get any more acros. But any monti's or good first acros would be awesome. See you there everyone.

-Cheston

EvilMel
08/14/2003, 03:26 PM
Ok OK so amazingly late notice, BUT...

I will have a few things to trade/sell. There's:
1 brown plating montipora (maybe)
3 or 4 green zooanthids groups
1 really huge acropora frag that is practically as big as a coral
and a couple of other things.

I would have more but I am trying to write my dissertation and I just haven't had time to do anything.

Btw, we will be having spaghetti for lunch. So everyone can come hungry (though not too hungry...Graham). heehee

Mel

p.s. I am extremely interested in getting some blue zoos. I've got some really green ones we could trade.

Acropora35
08/15/2003, 05:14 AM
I've got blue zoos under PC's and MH. The PC are generally more extended than the MH colonies. I'll see if I can get some decent pics posted. Greens would be cool. What type of Acro is that Mel??

imsqueak
08/15/2003, 06:49 PM
I'd like to bring a couple pcs of my agro-rock pcs to trade for any hermits. Anyone wanting to trade some scarlets or other reef safe hermits for some of my not-so-finished-curing rock pls email me, or call me 938-2034. I'll finish curing them at my house and give the pcs you choose when they're done ~ but I need the crabs now! Pauline has a new camera cell so we'll try to upload some pics.

Sir Knight
08/15/2003, 07:37 PM
Hey imsqueak,
Why don't you put together a DIY article on your rock with the pictures and I would be happy to add it to our website

You can email them to me at smcorals@charter.net

Also what is your first name?

Joe W.

imsqueak
08/15/2003, 10:32 PM
Joe, I'm Don, I sent you an email yesterday.

I got the pics from my wife's phone but now I dont know how to add themto a post. I've saved one to 'My Pics' but the buttons above dont want to let me go there to select it. More to learn about these boards I guess... I'll take the pics of the process and you can add it to the article sections. Will you also show me how to add pics to posts?

Sir Knight
08/15/2003, 10:38 PM
Hey Don,
post a reply to this message and down at the bottom you will see Attach file. press the browse button then point to the photo you want to attach. Keep in mind the the max file size is 51K

hope this helps
Joe W.

imsqueak
08/16/2003, 07:55 AM
This one is probably my best so far.

Acropora35
08/16/2003, 09:32 AM
I'm a little confused on the best way to transport frags. I've just made some 3 purple M. Digitata, 2 A. Millepora,(one is large),

Mel, I've got some blue zoos, they are small so I'm bringing two. One is a small rock, the other is a half shell with a colony started around the rim.
Transporting zoos doesn't bother me, but the SPS frags can break so easily.
Any suggestions??

EvilMel
08/16/2003, 09:43 AM
Hey so I have seen people transport stoneys this way (not sure if it's necessary):

They take a baggie, wrap it around the frag (like don't put the frag in there, just wrap it around it) then put all that inside another bag. I hope they don't come unglued, but I don't really care about that anyways.

The acropora. honestly I have no idea what it is. It's pretty greenish if you have actinics (which I don't). It looks green under my 20000K MH though.

So I have been told that it might be acropora millepora. Here's a link to a blue one (mine's brown/green).
http://www.andy-hipkiss.co.uk/index.htm?http://www.andy-hipkiss.co.uk/Amillepora.htm

Have you looked at the easttnreefclub.com website because a pic is on there of a bunch of my stuff?

Mel

Acropora35
08/16/2003, 09:48 AM
That looks like an A. Millepora to me, generally they have those long hairy like polyps. Mine is similar, but a different color.

I've seen stonies wrapped like that, and that's what I plan to do. It looks like your only a few miles from me, so at least it's a short trip.

Thanks, j