PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a garden pond? Are you looking for baby koi?

kmk2307
07/17/2003, 08:55 PM
Howdy,

As you may know I work at a small LFS in Edwardsville, IL (just across the river from STL). We sell "feeder goldfish" as food for predatory cichlids, etc. This week we got our "feeder goldfish" in, but to my pleasant suprize 99.9 percent of them were baby koi. I think the wholesalers are getting rid of the koi since pond season is almost over. Some are plain red or red and white but there are quite a few varied colors including white, yellow, and "calico" fish. We are still selling them for $.12 each. I got 60 for my pond . The store is called Two by Two pets and we are located on 1411 Troy Road (Highway 159) in Edwardsville. I don't want this to sound like i'm plugging my store but I would much prefer these koi end up in someones pond than an oscar's belly.

Thanks,
Kevin

reef-man_d-man
07/18/2003, 08:37 AM
Should we ask for you? When are ya gonna be up there?

kmk2307
07/18/2003, 11:09 AM
Nah, don't gotta ask for me. I don't think some of the kids even realize they are koi. I will be working 7/18 from 12pm-8pm. I'll be off Saturday (for a change!) and Sunday we will be closed. Monday I'll either be there 10-5:30 or 12-8.

Kevin

reef-man_d-man
07/18/2003, 11:21 PM
The Koi Kevin is talking about are great he set me up today with a few and they are great and the price can't be beat!