PDA

View Full Version : full explanation of the tank

Ryanthebeginner
07/16/2003, 10:23 PM
Well i have a 55 gallon saltwater fish only aquarium with a filter, undergravel filter, heater, protein skimmer. thermometer, and 2 flouresant lights.

I have the gravity at 1.025 and everything else like nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, and pH where they are supposed to be. And i was wondering if i could put a lionfish right now at this point?

gkmartinez
07/16/2003, 10:35 PM
I have the gravity at 1.025 and everything else like nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, and pH where they are supposed to be. You might consider posting your readings. It would help with the response.

scubadude
07/17/2003, 08:22 AM
Hi Ryan :)

Is this tank gonna be for fish only? or are you planning on it being a reef tank? What other type of fish are you planning on keeping in the tank? A lionfish is very much so a predator and will consume small fish, shrimps or just about anything it can feed on so your question evolves many other things to consider....If you REALLY want a lionfish then work on that basis and dont add anything else to the system unless it will get along w/the Lionfish, they are beautiful animals but have poisonis spines and are very agressive and territorial. Their feeding habits are another thing to consider.

Rocky

multi striped 12
07/22/2003, 08:08 PM
I agree with scubadude...being a newbie to salt myself
I asked myself and family what type of tank we wanted..
I am fish only with live rock and I went with a non agressive
tank..Think out your fish plan ..write them down..bring it to the store you plan on buying the fish from..Read the comments on fish care on the online suppliers listed on RC..Post your question
in the fish omly forum .. I am no Lion fish expert but i know from
reading once you go with an agressive fish all of your future plans will have to fit in with that fish...And again from reading posts the larger tanks I think tend to have more room for compatabality differences
In my case I wanted a wrasse. But the more I read I decided against it
Have fun deciding

MS 12