PDA

View Full Version : August Monthly Meeting

baron_vonklyff
07/16/2003, 06:26 PM
Sorry it took so long to line up a speaker for this month. Some things came up and the planned talk had to be postponed. I am happy to announce that I have lined up a new speaker for the meeting and everything is still on.

This month we will be welcoming Nelson Herwig, Curator E Meritus of Fish at the Houston Zoo. He recently retired from the zoo and has been conducting various research. He will be presenting on some of this in a topic called "The Magnetic Effects on Water." This is not a product oriented talk and will cover the various effects and some of the products that we use already that could be either beneficial or detrimental. This should be a very informative topic and I look forward to hearing about what effects impellers, magfloats etc have on my system.

We will also be holding another raffle this month. We still have the Clams Direct Gift Certificate and this will be raffled off. I am also hoping to get a few other items for raffle too, but that is still to be seen.

The meeting will be at Aquarium Design Group on August 6th at 7:30pm. Directions can be found under the "MARSH Club Information" link.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

baron_vonklyff
07/30/2003, 06:26 PM
OK guys...as you already know the meeting is Next Week at Aquarium Design Group. Nelson Herwig is presenting about the magnetic effects on saltwater.

We will also be holding a raffle, and as you already know we are raffling a $75 gift certificate to ClamsDirect.com. Well, I just added another $75 gift certificate to REEFerMadness.com to that raffle. Take a look at their site and you will see some of the spectacular corals that they sell.

I think that this will be another great meeting, and I hope to see you all there.

saltaddict
08/02/2003, 01:55 AM
I am vacationing in Houston next week and was wondering if it would be ok if I sit in on this months meeting? Thank you for your time. Rob

baron_vonklyff
08/06/2003, 09:37 AM
Well.....Tonight's the night. Just a little bump to remind everyone. I hope to see everyone there. There will be a couple of gift certificates to auction off, and DJReef is also bringing some frags to sell ($5 each). Oh....and Nelson Herwig, the ex-curator of the Houston Zoo Aquarium, will be giving the presentation on "The Magnetic Effects on Saltwater."

baron_vonklyff
08/06/2003, 11:21 AM
Directions to the meeting can be found at http://www.marshreef.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2