PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to swap Saturday September 27th

Pages : [1] 2

szwab
07/15/2003, 07:37 PM
Ok here it is folks! The 5th All Ohio Frag Swap.

Soooo lets get reeeeeaaadeeeeeee to sssswwwwaaaaaap! (had to put some excitement into it!)

TIME: Saturday September 27th from noon to 4.
PLACE: Ohio Theatre, rehearsal room #4 (55 E. State St)
Please RSVP so I know how many tables we’ll need.

Here’s the deal:
I've got a large rehearsal room. We’ll have plenty of tables and plenty of room. I’m going by the response to our earlier post. More are welcome of course. The theatre is downtown located near the City Center Mall for all those that have a wife or husband or kids not interested in swappin frags. If you need more info or directions, pm me or post and I’ll send you an email with a map and directions.
If this goes well I don’t see why we wouldn’t be able to turn this into an annual event!

There has also been interest in a sand swap. So we’ll have a container bring some sand we’ll mix it all together and you can take what you brought. Please be considerate and only bring sand from healthy tanks though. As with frags I’m sure there will be extra for those just starting out.

I’m sure most will be eager to get back to their tanks, but for everyone else there are plenty of places around if anyone is interested in continuing frag talking over some adult beverages.

My recommendation would be to park where it says “City Center Parking� it’s a parking garage it’s 2 bucks and the easiest. From there follow the red line I drew onto the map to the theatre. You will go through the mall to the opposite end. Then outside to a covered sidewalk about 25 feet and the entrance is to the left. The swap will be on the “R� level. Stop by the security desk and just tell them you are going to the meeting on the “R� level. Take the elevator up.
There is also parking under the State House which is closer but more expensive and outside if it is raining.
Now for the obvious the arrows on the street indicate one way streets.
There will be a cash bar at the meeting. Unfortunately since we have a liquor license BYOB is not permitted. There are other events going on during the day so we will be limited to the R level sorry no tours this time.
please email if you need more directions I will gladly assist

singerk
07/15/2003, 08:12 PM
Count me in . . . :beer: Here Too

u00bdl1
07/15/2003, 08:39 PM
Count me in.

TacoKing
07/15/2003, 08:50 PM
Yup Yup! I'll be there with plenty of nice frags for you all!

-TK

thephoenix48
07/15/2003, 09:09 PM
I'll be there. Better get busy mounting.

Big_Don
07/15/2003, 09:29 PM
Can't wait! Count us in :)

Lara & Kevin

KorbinDallas
07/15/2003, 10:35 PM
me too

tye_c
07/16/2003, 05:50 AM
I'll be there.

sharpy98
07/16/2003, 06:09 AM
I will be there with a cup o' sand and I hope I will have some zoo frags by that time also. I just am getting my first couple frags today so hope they grow out a little by then.

geo
07/16/2003, 06:34 AM
I will be there for sure. This should be a pretty nice deal. easy parking, tables, no carpet on the floor, lots of room to mingle, shopping for the wife..... all but that last part :D

I wonder if she will believe the mall is closed that day

Burgman
07/16/2003, 06:39 AM
Hi All,

Count me in.:rollface:

porky
07/16/2003, 09:03 AM
Alrightythen! This should be fun :dance: Count us it!
See you all there :wavehand:

Norm R
07/16/2003, 10:53 AM
My son and I are both in and looking forward to it.

AcroSteve
07/16/2003, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to it.

Genetics
07/17/2003, 01:03 AM
I will be there! I don't know if I will have anything ready to be fragged by then but who knows.

Underwaterrealms
07/17/2003, 01:36 AM
Alrighty then. Sounds good and I will definitely be there.

Chuck

zeppelin
07/20/2003, 07:33 AM
I'm in. I've got some zoo rocks doing well, and should have some GSPs, clove polyps, and a couple small frogspawn that I am growing out.

Larry:cool:

jh2pizza
07/21/2003, 01:01 PM
Im there!!!!!!!!

Missed the last one.

looking for lps corals.

AcroSteve
07/21/2003, 03:07 PM
This will be my 1st one.

How big a deal is this. How many people bring stuff to sell/trade?

How many come just to look/buy?

I am in the second category.

Tommyc
07/22/2003, 10:26 PM
I should make it. Lookin for zoos and just lookin. Bringing xenia elongata. Maybe some macroalgae and LS if anyone's interested.

geo
07/23/2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by stranglehold
This will be my 1st one.

How big a deal is this. How many people bring stuff to sell/trade?

How many come just to look/buy?

I am in the second category.

This is a big deal to some of us :) each swap gets a little better than the last. Well, larger anyway, they have all been great swaps. people bring all types of frags. Mushrooms, zoos, softies, leathers, lps, sps and even fish on occasion. normally there is sand and macros floating around as well. Some people have plenty and are looking to sell. others are in for the trade. some people could really care less and just dont want to bring what they brought over home. many come over with cash to get goodies for their new tank.
to me the best part is just talking with the other reefers. its not often you can get 50 reef nerds together in one place :D

jh2pizza
07/29/2003, 11:17 PM
Will anyone be intrested in some Emerald Crabs? I may have about 12 to clear out by then.

tye_c
07/30/2003, 04:51 AM
If they dont eat Xenia or other soft corals... I'll take some.

jh2pizza
07/30/2003, 11:08 AM
If they dont eat Xenia or other soft corals... I'll take some.

Cant speak for xenia, I dont have any. I have mostly softies and have never had a problem.

I have a bunch of thich red algea. The only thing I have found to eat it is these Emerald crabs.

I am ordering 12 more of them, but I want to find good homes for them in September. $3.00 each

tye_c
07/30/2003, 08:22 PM
I'll take a couple.

szwab
07/30/2003, 08:50 PM
mark me down for 3. I've got 2 that like to hang out in some acro colonies.

So far there's been a good response to this swap. It can only get better as we get closer. I don't think anyone will leave dissapointed.
Don't foget to bring a cup or so of sand to add some diversity to your tank !

jh2pizza
07/30/2003, 11:47 PM
Sorry guys. I ordered the emeralds and they raised the price on me. They will be $3.50 instead of $3.00. If anyone else wants some, I will be ordering on Friday morning. Post by 10:00 am.

Thanks,

Joe

tye_c
07/31/2003, 05:49 AM
3.50 is fine with me.

porky
07/31/2003, 07:24 AM
I would like 1 and $3.50 is fine, thanks :)

porky
08/05/2003, 11:00 AM
Anyone insterested in a purple linkia? Acutally it's not a linkia at all but looks very similar it is a Tamaria Stia. It kinda looks like the burgunday linkia but only has 5 arms and is a true, bright purple. We purchased this starfish from FF express almost a year ago as a "rare" linkia for $39 (if memory serves me correct). We did not know it at the time but this starfish EATS CLAMS (his diet also includes slime algae and "other benethic algae" from what I have been able to find out). We we're that concerned at first, he would just crack open a bi-valve from time to time no big deal. Well we are now ready to start trying some clams and well.. he has to go. He is a beautiful color purple and for the most part a wonderful reef inhabitant as he is docile and doesnt mess with any other thing in the tank. If anyone is interested in trade or purchase let me know?
Thanks!

Sharpy
08/05/2003, 11:55 AM
I'll be there!!! Take it easy on me, I'm a frag-swap virgin....

Sloth
08/06/2003, 01:04 PM
about that star: I saw a show on Discovery a long time ago where this starfish would open clams by itself. It would just grab the shells and pull them open, then eat the clam. I bet if you put a live clam in there - maybe a store-bought oyster or mussel, it would be cool to watch...

Mantis
08/08/2003, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know what time the OSU game will be that day, I assume 12:00. How about next year we either schedule it to be on a Sunday or even better, a Saturday just before football season. I can't be the only Buckeye fan reefer.

porky
08/09/2003, 04:46 PM
"about that star: I saw a show on Discovery a long time ago where this starfish would open clams by itself. It would just grab the shells and pull them open, then eat the clam. I bet if you put a live clam in there - maybe a store-bought oyster or mussel, it would be cool to watch..."
That would be cool :p
I think I seen that show and if it's the one I am thinking of it was the "Crown of Thorns" starfish that showed man-handling some bivalves. Unfotunately I haven't got to see him in action.
Maybe you'd like to take him off my hands ;)

Sharpy
08/10/2003, 08:48 PM
I'd be interested in some detritivores if anyone has some to unload.

Anything like you'd get in a "detritivore kit" from http://www.ipsf.com or http://www.inlandaquatics.com would be super!!.

cort
08/11/2003, 11:36 PM
count me in too!!!

szwab
08/11/2003, 11:55 PM
Does anybody know what time the OSU game will be that day, I assume 12:00. How about next year we either schedule it to be on a Sunday or even better, a Saturday just before football season. I can't be the only Buckeye fan reefer.

I will see what I can do about getting a tv going for the game for those interested. It's against Northwestern and the time/tv coverage has yet to be announced. (I'm a fan also) hopefully it will be a 4pm or later game.
We figured more people would come on a Sat. instead of a Sunday. believe it or not this was the only Sat that was available which I didn't need to be at another theatre.

skippyreef
08/14/2003, 07:51 AM
I will really try to drive down for this. I should have maybe 50 SPS frags for this one. We are having a swap in lower MI the next day and all are invited.

geo
08/14/2003, 07:54 AM
whats ther odds of the two swaps one day apart from each other?
good month for frags!:D

Sloth
08/14/2003, 08:10 AM
Shweet!:D I'm going to both! Do you have any links for more information on the MI one?

Chad
08/14/2003, 07:34 PM
I will be there.

Is there an interest in some Chetamorpha? It grows like a weed in my refugium. I will bring all I can if there are people who would like some.

I will also start fragging my xenia.

I am looking forward to it!

wakefick
08/15/2003, 09:42 AM
Hey! I'm kind of new and I have about 3 friends that all started up tanks at the same time in Cincy. I bet we'll get a car together and come up.

I'm totally interested in the the star!
Does anything bother it that I should be aware of? I want to provide a happy home! I'll do a little more research, but put me at the top of your list.
Carman

sharpy98
08/18/2003, 01:31 PM
Anyone have any pulsing Xenia they could frag and bring I really want some of this? will have a few zoo's to trade but will also have cash as my tanks is new and not much there to frag. While I am on that subject, this being my first swap how big is the average frag for trading like how many polyps of zoos is a nice frag for a swap? (NEWBIE.....do it show:p )

wakefick
08/18/2003, 01:34 PM
I have both the red/brown and the lavender pulsing xenia. I'll be bringing some of both I believe.
Carman

TacoKing
08/18/2003, 01:39 PM
i'm going to be bringing a lot of red sea pulsing xenia. short stocks, pulses fast and a pink color. one of the more beautiful xenias out there i think.

-tk

blueleg
08/18/2003, 01:50 PM
I am bringing....
Green Sinularia
Colt
Ricordia (probably)
GSP
2 headed branching hammer.

TacoKing: I would be interested in a red sea xenia

TacoKing
08/18/2003, 02:02 PM
I'm going to hopefully have a ton of it. I just have to get some rubble to mount them on. I have a new 400w ballast coming this week. I should have a nice little xenia and other coral grow out going by the end of the weekend in preperation for the swap.

-TK

jh1929
08/18/2003, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to add myself to those that are coming. I should have the following available.

Green Montipora digitata
Seriatopora hystrix
Sarcophyton
devil's hand
Xenia

Looking forward to it,

Jayme

geo
08/18/2003, 05:19 PM
I am glad to see some of you cinci reefers making the drive to columbus for the swap.
wakefick
these are great for new reefers, you and your friends should make a good effort to attend (JMO). the information from all the reefers that will be there is worth the trip, not to mention the cool goodies to be had
I can bring spaghetti worms if anyone wants some...

cone9
08/20/2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by the mantis

We should pick a date for next Fall's swap now:fish1:, and send Jim Tressel a note to keep the Buckeye's schedule open that day so we don't have conflict!!! :lol:

I may be at the swap, I'll try.
I was sorry to have missed the last one at John's house - my first no show since this got started back at Stan's!:sad2:

'mantis' - the purple plating Monti I got from you at Trent's house is really sweet! - how are your zoos?

Mantis
08/21/2003, 04:45 PM
The zoos are beautiful, I lost the blue ones though, they floated away never to be heard from again. I'm bringing more of the purple Mont. if anybody is interested.

Brad

Bryan Thompson
08/22/2003, 12:31 PM
Do you allow vendors at your swaps? If you do we could bring a bunch of ricordia for you all to pick from. Just let me know.

Bryan
BlowfishAquatics.com (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com)

Sloth
08/22/2003, 12:54 PM
The only thing I would mind is if you buy up all the cheap frags and then re-sell them the next day. Otherwise, I say join in! I know for a fact that another vendor will be there.

szwab
08/23/2003, 09:31 AM
sent you an email give me a call.
thanks

geo
08/23/2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Bryan Thompson
Do you allow vendors at your swaps? If you do we could bring a bunch of ricordia for you all to pick from. Just let me know.

Bryan
BlowfishAquatics.com (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com)

come on down Bryan! it would be a great way for the ohio guys to get know you. I am pretty sure three other vendors will be there, your more than welcome to join in.:)

fade2black
08/25/2003, 11:57 AM
I think I might have to make the drive down for this one. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Paul

SSEAL
08/25/2003, 10:58 PM
Count me in

Hope the swap is as big as the last one.

S2

solo99
08/28/2003, 12:02 AM
i'll be there .i'll only have a couple to trade if thats alright . cant wait . went to my first swap in mansfield 8-9-03 had a great time there . hope to see some of you there.

Chad
08/31/2003, 07:35 PM
As this will be my first swap, I am wondering how this all works from a logistical standpoint.

Do we just bring our corals and stuff in bags? Are there some tanks set up? Buckets, boxes and what ever we have to carry this stuff in?

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but the xenia that I bring is going to look terrible in a bag, and acros all look brown under normal lighting. How are you able to see what you are getting and what you are giving?

geo
08/31/2003, 07:41 PM
what ever works best for you. lots of bags are used. I like the little tupperware type storage containers. pictures of the coral offered are nice but few people do that

CORALFISHG
08/31/2003, 09:06 PM
hay guys count me in also...

sseal, burgman.. or any one else in the cleveland area..

is anyone interested in car pooling. i whould be willing to drive. i just don't want to be by myself when i get lost :D

mrudman
08/31/2003, 09:21 PM
Count me in, :)

It just so happens that that's my weekend off from work, yeaa...

This will be my first one though so have no idea what to expect, and have no frags to offer unfortunately, but I'm going to bring some sand to at least get that... and bring some money in case anyone is selling outright.

Szwab: If you could, please e-mail me directions on how to get there... will be coming 77 south (from akron area), thanks! :)

Michelle

ReefDent
08/31/2003, 09:34 PM
Is there anyone from last year's swap that has a fragable piece of the pink acropora millepora I brought last year? (after doing some reading, it may be a prostrata, and not actually a millepora)I lost the colony after a mass flatworm die-off and haven't been able to find anything like it. The only person that I am sure I traded or gave to was Rick from Coral Dynamics.

If so, I'd be really interested in a frag!!!

Thanks,
James

WmTasker
09/02/2003, 08:19 PM
I'll be there. Looking for zoo's :)

solo99
09/02/2003, 08:21 PM
coralfishg it looks like i'm going . you've got to go through ashland on yuor way . so if you want you could follow me there .let me know. murdman you could go 76w to71s .or the short cut 76w to 21s for 1mile to585 to 3 you'll know sooner get on 3 and get off on 30w to71s . it'll save you alot of miles.

szwab
09/02/2003, 11:33 PM
hey everyone...

I'll post a map later this week that gives a better look at directions on where to park and where to go. Best place is City Center Mall it's 2 bucks to park there which is also the closest and cheapest you'll find. Looks like there will be a great turnout. so start fragging your corals. the swap is right around the corner!!

zeppelin
09/03/2003, 05:15 AM
I should have a few small zoo colonies. Pink center, brown ring, green tenticles. Probably about 20 or so zoos per rock. A couple with less too. Also have a couple mounted red sea xenia. Not much. Mostly looking to buy. My frogspawn wont be big enough to bring yet. Maybe ready for a spring swap.

Larry :cool:

cward
09/03/2003, 06:49 AM
I just found this club today, but I would like to come and swap frags.

szwab
09/03/2003, 07:26 AM
sure come on by. bring some frags if you have them. If not there are always people willing to sell some. not interested in frags then stop by for some great reef stories and information. let me know if you need more info.

mark

cward
09/03/2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks szwab, I'll be there. Unfortunaty, the only frags I have right now are from an acropora that had RTN. How long does everyone like to keep a frag in there tank before trading them?

szwab
09/03/2003, 07:51 AM
that depends on who you are. I hope that people only bring healthy pieces. Bring them down and just let people know what happened. I personally have fragged some acros up that had rtn and they have been fine since. if tey are nice frags I'll trade with you.:)

cward
09/03/2003, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't even think of swapping those frags. I have a pavona danai that is growing like a weed and I would like to frag, but that only gives me about three weeks to keep an eye on them.

geo
09/03/2003, 08:12 AM
lot of people do the old "clip and ship" :) fresh cut un mounted frags. any i bring will be.

cward
09/03/2003, 08:29 AM
Thanks guy's, I'll see you there.

sharpy98
09/05/2003, 09:46 AM
Anyone have any intrest in 400W HPS ballast's? I have 3 extras to part with, I have been told they will work with German MH Bulbs see this post for more http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206643

Let me know if anyone is interested. I will bring them to the swap for you to look at. If not I won't have to mess with loading them up.. Looking to trade em for frags if I can

TacoKing
09/08/2003, 10:41 AM
Does anyone have any nice blue SPS? I have a lot of blue'ish-green, but no real nice blue. If you do let me know and we can work out some trades maybe for the swap.

-TK

TacoKing
09/08/2003, 11:55 AM
Also, is anyone bringing in sand? I know this was talked about before, we can get a large bucket or two, mix everyone's sand together and get some nice biodiversity.

-TK

sharpy98
09/08/2003, 12:16 PM
I am planning on bringing sand

blueleg
09/08/2003, 01:54 PM
I will bring a cup of sand

johnrags1234
09/08/2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by sharpy98
Anyone have any intrest in 400W HPS ballast's? I have 3 extras to part with, I have been told they will work with German MH Bulbs see this post for more http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206643

Let me know if anyone is interested. I will bring them to the swap for you to look at. If not I won't have to mess with loading them up.. Looking to trade em for frags if I can

Whats the ansi code? Are they 430w HPS or 400w HPS ballasts? What price are you klooking for cash wise?

Oh and BTW everyone, Ill be there. Ill have a few efflo frags available for trade/sale.

John

geo
09/08/2003, 07:14 PM
i dont have alot to bring this time around. here are a few I wouldnt mind clipping, if anyone is interested post a reply, if not I can leave them in my tank :)

geo
09/08/2003, 07:15 PM
sorry for the not so great shots on these, photograpy is far from a strong point

geo
09/08/2003, 07:17 PM
I think this is a montipora, not sure need an ID. I would clip a couple smaller frags of it.

geo
09/08/2003, 07:25 PM
i could also clip off green slimer, orange (red) cap or red digitata. most of that is kind of common at the swaps

geo
09/08/2003, 07:45 PM
here is a pic of the purple rim cap when it was a frag for me
http://www.geosreef.com/files/blue_rim_cap_frag.jpg

szwab
09/08/2003, 07:59 PM
I could go for a purple rim frag!!

I love caps (my favorite corals)

what are you looking to trade for?

TacoKing
09/08/2003, 08:10 PM
George, yeah, that purple cap and blue milli look pretty nice, what are you looking for? I'll take a few pics of my stuff later this week and show what i've got available for trades.

-TK

cone9
09/08/2003, 09:49 PM
Hey George,

That purple rim Monti is sweet - wish I was going to be there to get some. Doesn't look like I'll make this swap. If you like M. caps, check out "mantis"'s purple one. I think he mentioned earlier that he was bringing some. I got some from him at Trent's house - it's very nice stuff.

btw - don't forget your dancing shoes!

zeppelin
09/09/2003, 05:37 AM
Geo

Definitely interested in the blue rim cap and the blue milli. Interested in some zoos??

geo
09/09/2003, 06:54 AM
ok, all of the purple rim cap I can spare is spoken for, sorry. i will make an effort to prop more of this for the next swap.

Sloth
09/09/2003, 08:52 AM
Anyone interested in a drilled 15 high aquarium? It has a single hole drilled in the upper back with a bulkhead installed. The back is spray-painted black.

musicsmaker
09/09/2003, 10:32 AM
Tag.

Phishy
09/09/2003, 11:45 AM
I am looking for Montipora Cap. with colored rims. Any color other then solid red/orange. Will trade or buy. Let me know if you are looking for anything special.

There is only a few weeks to go. Everyone make an extra attempt to post on as many boards about the Sept. 27th swap. We want this to be a big annual event. Go out and tell your friends and LFS. This event is for both beginners and advanced hobbyist. If you have a web site place a post on it.

Thanks,
Phishy
:eek1:

ggentles
09/09/2003, 12:10 PM
Hello,

Bryan and I are planning on attending the swap and we'll be bringing plenty of Florida Ricordia and other corals. If your looking for anything special send us an e-mail and we can bring it with us.

We look forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks,

Gary
Blowfish Aquatics, Inc.
Blowfish Aquatics Online Store (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc)
Gary@blowfishaquatics.com

or

Bryan
Blowfish Aquatics Online Store (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc)
Bryan@blowfishaquatics.com

porky
09/09/2003, 12:57 PM
Gary and Bryan, Great look forward to seeing you guys there :D

geo
09/09/2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Phishy

There is only a few weeks to go. Everyone make an extra attempt to post on as many boards about the Sept. 27th swap. We want this to be a big annual event. Go out and tell your friends and LFS. This event is for both beginners and advanced hobbyist. If you have a web site place a post on it.

Thanks,
Phishy
:eek1:

couldnt have said that better myself :) lets pump this up as much as possible, mention as much as possible....

Gary and Bryan, glad to see your going to make it

ggentles
09/09/2003, 01:24 PM
We're going to put a Plug on our website for the Swap Meet for anyone who visits our site but isn't aware of the meet. Also, Bryan and I sponsor the Indiana Coral Club (Indiana Coral Club (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/indianacoralclub.htm) )and I put a post out there and sent all our members an e-mail.

Thanks,

Gary
Blowfish Aquatics (http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc)

geo
09/09/2003, 01:26 PM
thanks Gary :thumbsup:

porky
09/09/2003, 02:13 PM
"This is gonna be BIG... I can feel it" - creepy voice on Beck's song Loser :D

blueleg
09/09/2003, 02:23 PM
I know i posted this a while back but i thought i would post it again...

I am bringing
2 frags of Green sinularia
1 frag of colt
3-4 frags of leathers brown with brown/green polyps
2-3 Cabbage Leathers
I could bring a frag of Calaustrea (sp?) if someone wants it.
A few Ricordia
A rock full of GSP

What is everyone else bringing?

porky
09/09/2003, 02:35 PM
Hey Blueleg, what color is the Calaustrea?

blueleg
09/09/2003, 02:38 PM
It is a marron outside with green center. I will go take a pick, give me 5-10 minutes and it should be up...

blueleg
09/09/2003, 02:48 PM
This is the colony i could frag some off of.

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/27528/p/472617_207533039113191477_vl.jpg

porky
09/09/2003, 02:54 PM
Blueleg,
What are you looking to trade for it?

SSEAL
09/09/2003, 07:19 PM
List of coral to trade:

plenty of purple rim (brown w/purple rim)

plenty of brown porcillapora with green tips

3 misc acros 2"-3" in size

cabbage coral

1 med size rock with yellow star polyps with brown & green zooz mixed in

I have some live rock I could spare if someone want to trades.

I am debating whether I want to trade or sell my BIG dersa clam. He is 8" across and has a mantle of about 12-14". He just getting to big for my 90. Any intrests?

I will probably have a few other misc frags as well.

Let me know if you want me to post photos.

s2

spoopy
09/09/2003, 07:44 PM
THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME FOR ME. I HAVE A BUNCH OF MUSHROOMS. CAN THEY BE LOOSE, OR IS IT BETTER IF THEY ARE ATTACHED?

geo
09/09/2003, 07:50 PM
loose is good, attached is good. doesnt really matter :)

szwab
09/09/2003, 08:02 PM
loose is better (at least my preference) that way they can go anywhere once they are in the tank

Frick-n-Frags
09/10/2003, 06:28 AM
jh2pizza, I'll take like 4 of the emerald crabs from you if you want to swap them for frags. Would you like like a half dozen different colored zoo frags including some pink, blue and various orange/green/yellow combos? I have about 15 different ones now.

As always, I will flood the swap with pink Red Sea Xenia free to any and all.

Will have electric green Sinularia and Nepthea and Hydnophora.

I also have some nice macros including a big red like Halymenia, a nice brown plating macro and other non-Caulerpa macros. I was thinking of making up "macro-pacs" with 5 types of Caulerpa, Chaetomorpha, and 4 or 5 other nice macros including Halimeda and my "dish scrubby" algae. If you bought this variety on-line it would cost a bundle.

Geo, I have some Dictyota for you:D

wakefick
09/10/2003, 07:46 AM
Frags, I'm totally interested in your zoos of all colors. I don't have much to trade because I'm new (since June), but I'd like to purchase if possible.
Thanks!

Aquatic Reef Creations
09/10/2003, 11:41 AM
Hi Gang,
I hope that the natives don't mind some out of staters joining in on this. This sounds like it will be awesome.
I will be looking for all colors of zoos except brown, any softies, LPS and montipora digita and caps.
I have a few frags to trade but will be bringing plenty of cash. I want to expand the selection that I currently have.
I have a couple of colors of zoos, colt coral, a caulestra like blueleg that I could frag, maze brain that I could frag, green tree leather, large toadstools, a couple of types of sinlaria if anyone is interested. I have a few(3-4) bags of SD if anyone is interested, sell them for what I gave for them $9 a bag. Also have some Halimeda.
I am trying to get a couple of other locals interested in going.
If I come up with anything else I will post it. Please let me know what you have and I will try to make sure that I hook up with you at the swap.
So, all of you zoo keepers, bring your extras with you to the swap.
Thanks,
Kevin

Phishy
09/10/2003, 11:51 AM
KEVIN,
I WILL TAKE 4 BAGS OF SD. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THAT. THANKS,
SERDAR

szwab
09/10/2003, 11:55 AM
glad to see more out of staters coming. I'd be interested in a piece of your brain (coral that is). What types of Caps are you looking for?

Again as soon as I find the time I will post more instructions and maps. I have CATS in this week so I'm really swamped but I will definately have it up by Tues at the latest.

zeppelin
09/10/2003, 12:10 PM
Hey Frick. Whats been up? I'll take a couple of the neon green sinularia. Wont have allot to trade. Maybe some pink zoos. I'll buy though. See ya there.

Aquatic Reef Creations
09/10/2003, 12:28 PM
Phishy, I will bring the 4 bags with me. I might have 5 I will have to check and make sure, but definately have 4. I'll let you know.
Szwab, I am looking for any type of caps right now, especially colored rimmed ones but will take anything.

What kind of prices are you guys and gals going to have on your frags? That will give me a better idea of how much $$$ to bring.
Thanks
Kevin

musicsmaker
09/10/2003, 12:41 PM
If I decide to make the trek, which gets more likely with every view of this thread, I could bring some SD with me as well. It's some great stuff and I don't know what I would have done without it when setting up my tank.

szwab
09/10/2003, 12:44 PM
i don't have any w colored rims but i do have orange/red and a green one I can frag. i will also have xenia (red sea), some blue tip stag acro, some green zoos, yellow polyps, some plain green/brown zoos,a bunch of lobophytum or cladiella (not sure which it is) i can alos try and frag some blastomusa if anyone is interested.

cone9
09/10/2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Aquatic Reef Creations
Phishy, I will bring the 4 bags with me. I might have 5 I will have to check and make sure, but definately have 4. I'll let you know.
Szwab, I am looking for any type of caps right now, especially colored rimmed ones but will take anything.

What kind of prices are you guys and gals going to have on your frags? That will give me a better idea of how much $$$ to bring.
Thanks
Kevin

Past swaps it's been $10 - 15 per frag for smaller stuff.
There are usually some freebies about (like F-N-F's Xenia) as well as some larger stuff at various prices - I've never seen anthing that wasn't a bargain compared to most LFS prices.

wakefick
09/10/2003, 01:45 PM
I'm interested in the orange/red.
I am interested in EVERYTHING! This whole thing is really starting to disrupt my work. I get all excited every time I see a new post. If I spontaneously combust, I will leave a message telling them to investigate this thread....

cone9
09/10/2003, 03:49 PM
wakefick
Your excitement is warranted - these frag trades are really cool.
You can add so many new things to your reef for next to nothing - a little money or a little fragging work is all it takes.
You'll be glad you made the drive up.

geo
09/10/2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Frick-n-Frags
. I was thinking of making up "macro-pacs" with 5 types of Caulerpa, Chaetomorpha, and 4 or 5 other nice macros including Halimeda and my "dish scrubby" algae. If you bought this variety on-line it would cost a bundle.

Geo, I have some Dictyota for you:D

:lol: you keep that brown devil weed away from me:lol:

the macro packs sounds like a great idea dude.

SteveLC
09/10/2003, 07:20 PM
I am new to the hobby so will have no frags to swap, but will be there with cash also. I do have 2 brand new Salifert carbonate hardness test kits. I got 3 by mistake(don't ask). I also have a Seaclone 100(I know), used about 6 weeks. Works fine, but was compelled to replace with the Remora Pro. Anyone interested in these I will bring them along. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Anyone near New Castle, please let me know, as we may be able to share a ride.

Steve

Sloth
09/10/2003, 10:58 PM
I'll take a carbonate test kit! I accidently left my lid open on reagent 3 :mad2: Are you trading for them or selling?

SteveLC
09/10/2003, 11:03 PM
I will do either. Will trade or sell for extra cash to buy. See you there?

Steve

jh2pizza
09/11/2003, 08:13 PM
I am placing an order from etropicals for some emerald crabs. They are 3.50 each. I am not making anything on these guys, but please, if you order some from me, make sure you take them home with you.

Please respond by Sunday. The order will be placed monday morning.

musicsmaker
09/11/2003, 09:11 PM
What is the going rate for Blue Spot Jawfish up you way?

tye_c
09/13/2003, 07:14 AM
Would anybody be interested in any capnella. I have a ton but if nobody wants any then I wont frag them.

Tye

wakefick
09/13/2003, 12:29 PM
Yes. I'd like a little bit of capnella. I have none at this point.

tye_c
09/13/2003, 07:12 PM
Find me at the frag swap. I'll have plenty to spare.

Tye

SteveLC
09/14/2003, 05:39 PM
Would anyone there be in need of MH lighing? I am gonna pick up a dual pfo 250 mh , and a 400HQI with radium this week. both used. If anyone is interested I will bring them to see what can be worked out. At this point I am leaning towards keeping the 400 for myself, but let me know. Maybe you have something I need.

Steve

WmTasker
09/14/2003, 10:20 PM
What do you want for the Dual PFO?

SteveLC
09/14/2003, 10:26 PM
What have you got? I would take frags or cash. I will need about 160 dollars out of them someway or another.

Steve

tye_c
09/15/2003, 05:50 AM
What does the dual pfo consist of?(bulbs, reflectors, etc.)

SteveLC
09/15/2003, 05:39 PM
Includes reflectors, 1 2 month old 10K, one 6500 that needs replaced soon.. I have not used this setup, just picking it up in a package deal. I will guarantee it to work fine though. All the original wiring harness etc. I also will be getting the 400HQI complete with reflector, Radium 2moths old, and have decided against keeping it so anyone interested??

Steve

Steve

Aquatic Reef Creations
09/15/2003, 06:24 PM
Hey Steve,
YGPM

SteveLC
09/15/2003, 06:40 PM
PM reply.

Steve

szwab
09/16/2003, 07:45 PM
ok if this works here is a map for parking

szwab
09/16/2003, 07:52 PM
map of downtown area
i had to shrink it down to get it to post if it's to small email me and I'll send you a full size version

szwab
09/16/2003, 07:57 PM
one more map

szwab
09/16/2003, 09:45 PM
Now for some directions:

My recommendation would be to park where it says “City Center Parking� it’s a parking garage it’s 2 bucks and the easiest. From there follow the red line I drew onto the map to the theatre. You will go through the mall to the opposite end. Then outside to a covered sidewalk about 25 feet and the entrance is to the left. The swap will be on the “R� level. Stop by the security desk and just tell them you are going to the meeting on the “R� level. Take the elevator up.
There is also parking under the State House which is closer but more expensive and outside if it is raining.
Now for the obvious the arrows on the street indicate one way streets.
There will be a cash bar at the meeting. Unfortunately since we have a liquor license BYOB is not permitted. There are other events going on during the day so we will be limited to the R level sorry no tours this time.
please email if you need more directions I will gladly assist

musicsmaker
09/16/2003, 10:39 PM
Nevermind the jawfish. That has been taken care of.

szwab
09/16/2003, 10:48 PM
ok i think I have replied to everyone that need specific info/directions if have not sent you a response plese email me again. I want to make sure I didn't miss anyone

jester777
09/17/2003, 11:01 AM
i'm planning on making the frag swap. i have a TON of GSP and xenia i need to get rid of so anybody who's interested, hunt me down. other than that i've got a couple polyp frags and a green sinularia to trade off.

if anybody from the dayton area wants to carpool let me know.

paul

szwab
09/17/2003, 11:02 AM
PLEASE NOTE THE MEETING WILL BE ON THE "R" LEVEL NOT IN MEETING ROOM #4.
JUST STOP BT THE SECURITY DESK THEY WILL HELP YOU. IT'S RIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR
ALSO NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER THE BUILDING FROM THE SIDE ENTRANCE NOT TH E FRONT. THE SIDE ENTRANCE IS TO THE LEFT OF THE MARQUEE IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE BUILDING FROM THE FRONT.

Sloth
09/17/2003, 12:04 PM
Here's this. For what its worth. The yellow is parking and the red is the theater where the swap is being held. At least you can see that its between two large buildings.

Sloth
09/17/2003, 12:22 PM
Here is a closer view of the theater. Its the older-looking white building in between the skyscrapers. Notice the capital building just to the north (I think thats what that is). If you're just driving around looking for the place, look for these buildings. There aren't that many skyscrapers in Columbus. ;)

szwab
09/17/2003, 02:54 PM
Sloth yopu are right that is the Capitol Building.
The theatre is located between 3rd and High Streets There is also a marquee on the front of the theatre which makes it a dead give away.

BigBird
09/19/2003, 08:27 AM
Wow, it looks like I should take every effort not to miss this swap!!:D

Like others who've posted, I'm kinda new to the hobby & don't really have any livestock to trade, but I'll bring some dry goods that I don't really use and some cash.

20 Gal AGA w/glass lid

1 metric ton of various rio parts, to give away or trade for frags, including some suction cups.

Some Rid Ich

Some leftover non-cultured arogonite sand (about 20 lbs)

+ anthing else that I find in the next week or so.

So what's the procedure for these things? Do you just show up and find a spot on a table for your stuff? Do I have to register or pay to bring stuff in?

Thanks,
BigBird:) :)

musicsmaker
09/19/2003, 08:38 AM
20 Gal AGA w/glass lid Long or tall?

TacoKing
09/19/2003, 10:22 AM
BigBird, just come with your stuff! Everyone is welcome, this is a free event, head on in, find a table and start socalizing.

This one is going to be wild. I really don't know what to expect with this many people.

-TK

P.S. All my frags are starting to mount. Should have a nice assortement for the swap. I'll post a list and pics when we get a little closer to the date.

saltwatermollies
09/20/2003, 09:06 PM
szwab i'd like to come I'm in Indiana and no one around here has nice color in their frags, their all brown my personal tank is about 650 gallons and if i keep getting stuff here my tank will look like a shoe box befor long so if you would plz. send me some directions and ill try to bring some frags too

saltwatermollies
09/20/2003, 09:06 PM
szwab i'd like to come I'm in Indiana and no one around here has nice color in their frags, their all brown my personal tank is about 650 gallons and if i keep getting stuff here my tank will look like a shoe box befor long so if you would plz. send me some directions and ill try to bring some frags too

geo
09/21/2003, 06:56 AM
hope to see you there!

rbaker
09/21/2003, 03:43 PM
Is anyone interested in this tank? It's about 50 gallons. It's brand new...

http://www.alltel.net/~bakerr/tank.jpg

Ryan

penny
09/21/2003, 05:18 PM
Hi Gang,
Are we going to catch any static for bringing in coolers(styros) with frags in them? I would imagine that some people will have several containers. Will there be a place where we can drop off the containers while we park? Is there an elevator if needed?
Thanks,
Penny

geo
09/21/2003, 06:06 PM
nice tank ryan, and your shop floor is way too clean, i think there is something wrong with you :lol:

Penny> no problem with the styros, not sure about the elevator

rbaker
09/21/2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by geo
nice tank ryan, and your shop floor is way too clean, i think there is something wrong with you :lol:

That's funny, my wife says the same thing...:D

Ryan

szwab
09/21/2003, 10:22 PM
no problem with the containers/coolers My recomendation would be to park and carry your cooler in. there is an elevator.

djmincer
09/22/2003, 12:44 AM
I will be coming in for the swap from Charleston, WV. I can't wait. I'm relatively new with no frags. I will bring a cup of live sand though and plenty of cash. I can't wait. I can't wait.

djmincer
09/22/2003, 12:46 AM
Forgot to say it, I'll take 2 emerald crabs. $3.50 each is a bargain. How will I find you emerald crab orderer?

AcroSteve
09/22/2003, 07:30 AM
I will be bringing sand and cash. I still have way too much SD in my tank for my tastes. Started with about 2-1/2" and am trying to get to 1".

stingray
09/22/2003, 09:46 AM
Count me in. I will try and bring a few softies. Mostly mushrooms, maybe some GSP, tree coral, etc Sounds like it will be a great event...

stingray
09/22/2003, 11:01 AM
I am looking for the following:

1. used 10k 250 watt bulb
2. elegance coral
3. hammer or torch coral frags
4. live rock - 1 or 2 pieces football sized, in fiji or bali - something nice looking for top of reef, and lightweight
5. thick piece of tonga branch about 18-24" in length

PM if you have any of the above

Thanks
Robert

Norm R
09/22/2003, 11:15 AM
I'm looking for an Icecap 430 (or comparable) and endcaps for 2 lamps. If anyone has an extra one in good shape they want to sell, PM me.

Norm

Bryan Thompson
09/22/2003, 11:19 AM
Norm,

We will have 2 brand new 430's and 2 brand new 660's for sale at the swap. They are new in the box and come with the full warranty from IceCap.

Bryan

Bryan Thompson
09/22/2003, 11:21 AM
Stingray,

We will have a large elegance with purple tips at the swap. It is awesome. We will also have green forgspawn with pink tips.

Bryan

stingray
09/22/2003, 11:51 AM
Hey, any retailers coming that sell URI bulbs at a good price? Looking for 46.5" If so, how much for them?

porky
09/22/2003, 12:08 PM
Cone9, Hey Dave clear out some of your PM's.
Jason aka Porky :-)

rbaker
09/22/2003, 01:06 PM
Are any of the vendors bringing live rock?

Ryan

Phishy
09/22/2003, 01:40 PM
Yes, Bali and Vavau (tonga). 2-4 boxes. Very nice stuff. Let me know if you want any large quantity.
Phishy

SSEAL
09/22/2003, 05:51 PM
Anyone intrested in my Derasa clam?
It just a little over 8" across and is about 12" across the mantle.
I would be willing to take $75 and a frag for the clam.

Let me know

s2

jh2pizza
09/22/2003, 06:09 PM
Stinray,
"We will have a large elegance with purple tips "

Have any frags?

woulld love to get some of it.

jh2pizza
09/22/2003, 06:17 PM
I can bring 3 bags of sd sand if someone needs it.

Also, I have a Oceanic 75 sump. Its plate glass, predrilled with 5 1" bulkheads preinstalled.

Norm R
09/22/2003, 06:57 PM
Can't wait...

I am bringing the following-----------
3" purple lobster (mostly orange)
----> eats an occaisional snail
toadstool leathers
cabbage
electric green sinularia
2-175 watt Advance MH ballasts
Kent 60 GPD R/O unit
cash

I am looking for-------------------------
LPS
cleaner shrimp
zoos
finger leathers
2 pr. VHO endcaps

Norm

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/27528/p/492720_2102583317314349790_vl.jpg

jh2pizza
09/23/2003, 01:17 AM
I am looking for a yellow tang. Anyone have an extra one laying around?

shaw
09/23/2003, 10:09 AM
Orange ricordea yuma
white pom pom xenia
african leathers
many other leathers
cladiella
gsp
zoos (bright oranges)
organ pipe
montys
shrooms
etc

i will bring
thanks

zaireguy
09/23/2003, 11:22 AM
Hi
anyone bringing bigger soft corals?If so pm me.Also can i get directions to the swap?
thanks
Ron

CORALFISHG
09/23/2003, 06:55 PM
hay guys.. i was wandering if any one in the cleavland area whould want to car pool.. i am willing to drive, i just don't want to make the trip by myself, becuse i have never been to columbus, and don't feel like getting lost... i live in streetsboro, right next to hudson, aurora, and twinsburg... if interested you can contact me at coralfishgeo@earthlink.net or you can give me a call at 330-422-0390...

also would anyone be interested in a retro fit power compact set up made by jali... (it's 48 inches long)
i also have a canopy for a 75 gal tank...

jason

tye_c
09/23/2003, 08:26 PM
Warning!!!!

While fragging wear goggles. I just got squirted in the eye while trying to frag some zoo's. It hurts like hell. But now I have some frags to trade.

Tye

stingray
09/24/2003, 09:06 AM
Be very careful with zoo's.... actually you might want to check with a doctor. Do a search for zoo's toxicinity. there was a post from one of our reefers in the cleveland area that his dog drank some of the water the zoo's were in after cutting The dog died that night. They researched zoo's and it is one of the most toxic fluids out of all the corals So you might want to call a doctor to be on the safe side There is a name for the chemical it releases, but the posting about his dog mentions it. It was posted within the past year.

stingray
09/24/2003, 09:15 AM
Please follow the following post to read up on zoo's being toxic. Anyone that is fragging them please read and take caution. I would hate to see anyone else get hurt handling them.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158663&highlight=TOXIC

Mantis
09/24/2003, 10:08 AM
Some zoos create one of the most powerful neurotoxins known. It's an anti-prey mechanism. You just don't know if yours have it not.

cone9
09/24/2003, 01:28 PM
Well now - looks like I'm gonna' make this one after all!!!!:D

I won't have much to trade this time:

Orange M. digitata if anyone's interested
Some bristle worms.

I'm looking for colors of Ricordea or zoos I don't have.

Dave

Aquatic Reef Creations
09/24/2003, 02:14 PM
Hi Gang,
I started a thread in the trading forum so that I could list the frags that I will have available. If you are interested in anything please let me know so that I will have it with me.
Thanks,
Kevin
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=246309

P.S. For those of you that I have made trade plans with, I will have a black Tetra shirt on and my styros will have Aquatic Reef Creations on them. I know this sounds corny but I have no idea how people will find each other.

thephoenix48
09/24/2003, 03:07 PM
I have new 48" vho bulbs and a mint velocity t-1 pump. Should I bring these as well? Anybody interested.?

Aquatic Reef Creations
09/24/2003, 03:08 PM
Hey phoenix,
What type of VHO bulbs do you have? What are you wanting for them? Let me know,
Kevin

thephoenix48
09/24/2003, 03:22 PM
I'll check at home tonight and drop you a note.

catman2
09/24/2003, 03:30 PM
Would anyone coming to Columbus be interested in any frags from large soft finger coral or green singulara not attached to rocks yet. If so let me know and I'll try and post some photos.

stingray
09/24/2003, 04:19 PM
I am looking for some 46.5 bulbs Are they definitely 48"

ReefDent
09/24/2003, 04:26 PM
Anyone interested in some 46.5" VHO aquasuns or 36" aquasun? The 46.5" were used for about 1 month when I first set the tank up and didn't have all the MH stuff yet. The 36" was only used for a couple of minutes. I was experimenting with giving the pinks a boost.

I have two of the 46.5" and 1 36". I'm really just looking to get them out of the tank room, so a couple of bux (or a frag, or some sand, or a lettuce sea slug or two, etc. for that matter) and don't want to throw away tubes that still have some good life left in them. Heck, if anyone has 46.5" new/ slightly used (1 month or so) I'd trade the two for 1, lol!!!

I'll try and get some pics of what I can frag to bring and post a few... Here's one, if the post works:

James

ReefDent
09/24/2003, 04:31 PM
Try this again:

I know the pic is that small, but the small pic gives the idea. To see the full size pic:

http://www.phishybusiness.com/captive.php

It's the A. secale, D1 (Sorry for linking to your site, Serdar)

James

AcroSteve
09/25/2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by ReefDent
I have two of the 46.5" and 1 36". I'm really just looking to get them out of the tank room, so a couple of bux (or a frag, or some sand, or a lettuce sea slug or two, etc. for that matter) and don't want to throw away tubes that still have some good life left in them. Heck, if anyone has 46.5" new/ slightly used (1 month or so) I'd trade the two for 1, lol!!!

James

I am interested in them. I will be bringing some good sand. How much do you have in mind? I will have around a gallon of sand total.

ReefDent
09/25/2003, 02:24 PM
stranglehold,

Were you talking the 46.5", just so I know what to bring?

2-3 cups or so? I'm just looking to add some diversity to my sand after getting everything going again after the move.

Does that sound fair?

James

ReefDent
09/25/2003, 02:27 PM
One last pitch for a red-pink acropora millepra/ prostrata (I broght frags to the one last year in Dublin) or someone who had a nice pink one of their own. I posted before about losing the mother colony a while back and was wondering if anyone had a frag of the stuff that blossomed into a small colony of its own that he or she might be willing to bring a frag to trade/ sell for me??? :confused:

Thanks,
James

Sharpy
09/25/2003, 02:43 PM
Anyone possibly have a fighting conch to sell they could bring to the frag swap??

If not, anyone know of a Columbus LFS that usually has them?:confused:

ReefDent
09/25/2003, 03:06 PM
I don't have any extras (in fact I'd like a fighter and a queen for the refugium myself), but Byerly's has them sometimes. They are located on 5th Ave. in Grandview. You might give them a call and ask them.

James

AcroSteve
09/25/2003, 05:08 PM
ReefDent,

Yes, the 46.5's. Sounds good to me.

How should we locate each other? I would prefer to meet you outside so I can put the bulbs in my truck. I hope to get there around noon. Do you know where you will be parking?

ReefDent
09/25/2003, 05:12 PM
I'll probably park in the one of the garages and carry a cooler in. I'll pm you my cell phone number and we can work something out so the bulbs don't get carried around too much. I'll wrap them together with tape, but I really don't have anything else to do with them.

Just to make sure, they are VHO Aquasuns, not Actinics.

James

thephoenix48
09/25/2003, 06:44 PM
slow growing table but beautiful. Very difficult to frag. will bring a couple of frags if someone committs to them. $20.00 each. I have two others more impressive than this. Will try to post pics after dinner.

Sharpy
09/25/2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks ReefDent! I called Byerly's and they don't have any...

If anyone has one, knows where I can get one in Columbus or could pick me one up at Aquatic Technology in Cleveland on the way to the swap please lemme know....

Caryliss
09/25/2003, 07:03 PM
I have one (maybe two) queen conchs for trade. Just barely 3 inches long (were about 1.5" when purchased 18 mos ago). I'd keep them except I don't have enough algae for them to eat and since I added more live rock there isn't enough "floor space" for them. I have personally witnessed them eating hair algae and cyanobacteria back when I had a outbreak last year.

thephoenix48
09/25/2003, 07:33 PM
One inch frag three years ago from Dr. Mac to this now. Photo un retouched. This is what it looks like. Frags will be about 2 inches + $20.00 I won't frag this unless someone wants it.

thephoenix48
09/25/2003, 07:41 PM
this one is easier to frag. tricolor, frags will be a little larger closer to 2". If anyone is interested let me know.

David001
09/25/2003, 08:19 PM
I'm gonna try to make it , I have to work Friday night but will more than likely be there.I am pretty new to corals so I dont have any frags yet but I am looking to buy some things.How much for the Queen Conch? Also looking for hermits and or snales that will eat hair and red slime algae.Please send an E-Mail if anyone has any with prices .

cone9
09/25/2003, 09:16 PM
Frags (small ones) have generally been $10 to 15 at our past swaps. Most people like to trade the best, but it sounds like there will be plenty of buying ops at this event.

szwab
09/25/2003, 09:32 PM
sharpy:

just got an email from saltwaterwarehouse in Dayon they have fighting conchs for 14.99. Might want to see if someone from dayton can pick one up for you.

Christopher Marks
09/25/2003, 09:47 PM
I should still be able to make it. I'll have some anthelia, and maybe a few zoanthids.

NorthCoast
09/25/2003, 10:09 PM
David001,

[welcome]

Later,
Mark

Caryliss
09/25/2003, 10:31 PM
How about $5 for the queen conch?

Fairfield Reef
09/26/2003, 05:43 AM
there col, i'd take a couple more, if i can make it, i have a cuple, they do fine, ihave all types of coral and they dont bother as far as i know

Fairfield Reef
09/26/2003, 05:44 AM
please e mail directions and time, thanks

tye_c
09/26/2003, 05:44 AM
Any one have a reef safe cucumber they want to get rid of?

szwab
09/26/2003, 07:26 AM
Fairfield Reef:
Directions are on thier way

check the first post in this thread for all the details

Bryan Thompson
09/26/2003, 08:08 AM
Tye C

I will have some

Bryan

Sloth
09/26/2003, 08:24 AM
Anyone ever see Office Space?
I just found out I have to work Saturday.
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Phishy
09/26/2003, 08:31 AM
CALL IN SICK SLOTH. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!:mad2:

porky
09/26/2003, 08:43 AM
Would anyone be willing to bring down some phyto plankton? None of the LFS here in Columbus carry it (none that I know of anyway). Any chance that any of you guys are near a LFS that sells DT's or another live phyto plankton bringing me down some? I would compensate you for your time and trouble.
Thanks, Jason

Sloth
09/26/2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Phishy
CALL IN SICK SLOTH. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!:mad2:
Not an option. My company is doing the combined sewer overflow sampling for the city, and we've been waiting for the perfect weather conditions. 1.5 inches of rain after 3 days of dry. Whaddya know! Its almost certainly going to start midnight tonight. Its a 72 hour sampling event and I play a relatively important role. I'm screwed.

thephoenix48
09/26/2003, 10:16 AM
Porky, I have DT phyto I can share with you as well as SELCON...
How much do you want?

hm

wakefick
09/26/2003, 10:24 AM
I have DT's phyto plankton that I had to buy WAY too much of. I'll bring it so I can share or trade! Bring something to put it in.
I'll have a sign on me that says wakefick (Carman)

porky
09/26/2003, 10:31 AM
Hey ThePheonix48 and Wakefick, you both have PM :D

Tommyc
09/26/2003, 10:39 AM
Sloth,

Pray for rain.

Tom

Sloth
09/26/2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Tommyc
Sloth,

Pray for rain.

Tom
No, the rain is bad. Thats why we have to go sample - cause its supposed to start tonight. :mad:
There's still a chance I might be able to make it. Depending on my shift.

If anyone has the really pointy, really pink birdsnest coral frags, or a pink-tipped hammer frag I'll buy it. - PM me

ReefDent
09/26/2003, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to directions and parking info for the Ohio Theatre:

http://www.capa.com/venues/ohio_directions.html

James

jh2pizza
09/26/2003, 12:55 PM
Guys, I am sorry, but I will not have the emerald crabs Saturday. My shippment did not show up. :(

anyone who was trading for them, we will work something out.

Again sorry,

Joe

jh2pizza
09/26/2003, 01:21 PM
jh2pizza, I'll take like 4 of the emerald crabs from you if you want to swap them for frags. Would you like like a half dozen different colored zoo frags including some pink, blue and various orange/green/yellow combos? I have about 15 different ones now.

I will not have the Emeralds, but still would like to get the zooes and algea.

Is everyone bringing sand to swap?

Phishy
09/26/2003, 01:42 PM
Do not worry about the Emerald crabs. I have 20 of them. No big deal!

wakefick
09/26/2003, 02:08 PM
OK,
I've spent the last 30 minutes going through all of the posts to try to remember what I wanted, committed to, need to try to get, and I'm just dyin' I'm so excited. Isn't that stupid? I'm like a kid in a candystore.
So far, it's:
Tye_c - capnella
Porky - purple star
Frick n Frags - zoos
szwab - orange/red rim
+ everything else.

Here's what I'm doing. I'm going to bring a ROLLING COOLER with my stuff in it and walk around and trade. I'll be the one with the bright blue ACUITY cooler.
Great idea huh????
I guess I'll have to put a sign on my back....

thephoenix48
09/26/2003, 02:22 PM
so here is the messae on the selcon I was going to send you...

I checked how much I had in the fridge and found out that I misspoke. I do not have extra phyto but do have extra selcon. It would cost you 13.95 for 125 ml. plus shipping if you could find it. Shipping is a bear cause it is refrigerated. If you could find it locally it would probably be 25.00. I propose to sell you 8 fluid ounces (that's 236 millileters) for 20.00. If you want more or less let me know.

Thanks

Henry

blueleg
09/26/2003, 02:23 PM
I dont know if this is a given or it was just at the one swap i went to in pittsburgh but someone brought name tags for everyone. They wrote their RC name and real name on it so that way you can tell whos who.

Also heres what I am bringing/have left

Electric green sinularia
4 inches $15
2-3 inches $10
1 inch $5
I have a fairly large mushroom (picture attatched of its "clone")
Tan leather with brown/green polyps
Nice rock of GSP (I posted a picture of it before)

Mushroom (the one I am bringing is a little bigger than 2x2 but the color is not quite as nice as this one. It was in the dark fo r a while and grew like crazy, but color faded a bit)
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/27528/p/468098_6350566766713422374_vl.jpg

wakefick
09/26/2003, 02:51 PM
Porky,
Box is full.
I have DT's, don't know how big the bottle is offhand, it cost $19.99 if that is any indication. I only use a little at a time and it's way too much for me. I'll try to put what I want in a smaller bottle and bring the rest for you.

porky
09/26/2003, 03:25 PM
Hey wakefick I have cleared out some PM's. I have also sent you a PM I don't really want to take your stash ;)
I was hoping that someone might have an extra bottle they have ordered or someone who lives near a LFS that sells the stuff might be able to pick me up a bottle. I would pay them for their time and trouble of bringing it. Like I said I don't feel right taking your stock. Plus it sounds like too much trouble for you. I don't want to inconvenice anyone :)

szwab
09/26/2003, 03:59 PM
I will have have tags for everyone to fill out. I just didn't tell anyone because I wanted to know what everyone was wearing;)

zaireguy
09/26/2003, 04:01 PM
HI
Will be looking for colt,yellow,green,speckled,fuzy leathers
and a nice bubble coral
thanks
Ron

tye_c
09/26/2003, 04:04 PM
I have 1 frag of Xenia elongata. I know someone will probably bring a ton of it. I can bring it if anyone is interested. it's about 3" and has two main stalks. I also have a green hairy mushroom to trade.

Tye

Sloth
09/26/2003, 04:07 PM
I can go!!!
Storm sampling has been cancelled! Woot!
I'll have:
super neon green calaustria
a couple brown/green acro frags
bicolor blenny
xenia
1 seriatopora hystrix?
green/brown zoanthids
15 gallon, drilled tank w/ 1" bulkhead

blueleg
09/26/2003, 04:15 PM
Stingray you PM box is full

Norm R
09/26/2003, 06:16 PM
I'm still looking for a couple pair of VHO endcaps if anyone has any extras. Also need some 24" VHO bulbs if anyone has any new or gently used ones. Thanks.

Norm

Sharpy
09/26/2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by szwab
sharpy:

just got an email from saltwaterwarehouse in Dayton they have fighting conchs for 14.99. Might want to see if someone from Dayton can pick one up for you.

Anyone coming from the Dayton area that might be able to pick one up for me? I'd really appreciate it...

TacoKing
09/26/2003, 06:24 PM
Alright, here's my final list.

small rock with blue mushroom and hairy mushroom
blue mushroom mounted
monti digi purple tipped frag mounted
blueish green acro frag mounted
green button polyps, both frag mounted and a large rock.
two mounted small green leather frags
two mounted neon green sinularia
lots of mounted red sea xenia
large tonga rock with about 10 very large (5") hairy mushrooms

I think that covers it. I'm looking for SPS primarily. I can also frag a devils hand tonight and more of the green sinularia or green leather if people get a hold of me and tell me they want it.

-TK

thephoenix48
09/26/2003, 06:33 PM
You want singles or doubles? how many of each?

stingray
09/26/2003, 06:41 PM
I will be looking for:

a few orange shrooms
encrusting finger leather
hammer or torch
small elegance

anyone have any extra container of reef carbon they want to sell?
so I dont have to mail order some...

also still looking for any 46.5 URI actinic or super actinic

thanks
Robert

Norm R
09/26/2003, 06:46 PM
Henry - I PM'd you on the endcaps

David001
09/26/2003, 06:49 PM
Looking for 2 50 gal bags or 1 200 gal pail or Instant Ocean if anyone has some extra that isnt 16 bucks a bag.

Bowman
09/26/2003, 09:10 PM
Hey Sloth put my name on one of those neon green frags. See you tommorrow

Sloth
09/26/2003, 09:48 PM
you got it bowman.

calaustreas are all spoken for now.

prime8man
09/26/2003, 09:59 PM
I just came acrossed this tread earlier today i dont have any frags but i need some frags!!! help out a newbie!!!! Looking for softies--- man ill be there been looking for fraggers for months.... Cant describe the excitement.... A 27 year old man waiting for santa the next day.........pathetic....lol

Sloth
09/26/2003, 10:03 PM
13 more hours! I'm already sitting on the front step.

blueleg
09/26/2003, 10:06 PM
Xmas eve is tonight and I am ready for the swap, who needs sleep?

prime8man
09/26/2003, 10:13 PM
hey blueleg id love to have a piece of that neon sinularia, ill take that 4 incher if its not taken?