PDA

View Full Version : Sally Light foot

bmw
05/03/2000, 07:58 PM
Put 2 in my tank a week ago. Hyper active would be conservative.
Now I got one just hangin on a rock=poke him a little, just moved alittle(the other one is hyper still).
Is this guy about to croak? molt? taking a break?
Don't have a clue with their behavior.
Thanks,
b.

Steve Richardson
05/03/2000, 08:01 PM
Are its little 'breathing flaps' fanning away?

-S

BlinkBoyCK
05/03/2000, 08:13 PM
Just wondering, do you have hair algae and if you do are they eating it??????

CHAD KELLY

bigben
05/03/2000, 08:55 PM
My sally doesn't usually let me get closer than a couple of inches (even with food in my hand) before he darts away....I never see him when he molts. Sorry I can't offer a better explanation.

Ben

------------------
"Bake 'em away, toys."

--Police Chief Wigham

Mac
05/04/2000, 07:03 AM
my slf is spazzz. in fact thats what i call him/her. but its not too difficult to catch em with my bare hand, it has no fear. always darting at other fish and nabbing food from the mouths of giants.
haha
seriously, this may sound silly, but are you sure that you arent looking and poking at a moult? i only ask this beacause my neighbor watched my tanks for me while i was away for 11 days and he though he killed my slf, when i got home he told me the "tragic" news, he said he used my tongs to poke at it and it just barely moved, he said he left it in the tank for a couple of days, and finally resorted to pulling it and flushing it. I laughed my a$$ off because when i checked the tank only minutes earlier upon my return, i saw him running and causing trouble, he was messing with the molt the entire time. he was all bummed and then we laughed, and of course cracked open a beer.......so on and so on. funny story.
i am still trying to decide if i should put em in my reef or not. little unsure, he is in my fish-only right now.
oh well.

bmw
05/04/2000, 07:35 AM
Sorry--ask a question then walk away.
Steve--yep, she's "breathing"
Chad-seem to pick at it a bit, but pick at rock "crud" more
Mac--thanks for the vote of confidence in my powers of observation. :D I havn't got that old yet! Wish you were right.
Had to leave before light this morn, so guess I'll see how she's doing this afternoon.
b.

bmw
05/04/2000, 06:25 PM
FYI-
It croaked.
b.

Dave
05/04/2000, 06:55 PM
When mine molt it looks dead remove it and find out because the shell looks like a comple crab.
And if it is dead im sorry.

bmw
05/04/2000, 07:37 PM
Was hoping it was a molt--but organs inside say otherwise.
Thanks anyway--the other one is "dancing the light fantastic"--who knows?
Interesting animals.
b.

Rick O
05/04/2000, 08:51 PM
Hey Mac,

I've never seen my SLF do anything destructive. Go ahead and throw him (er, her) in the reef.

bmw,

Sorry. But they are cool; aren't they?

Rick

Mac
05/05/2000, 07:56 AM
shes in. and loving every minute of it.
i am hoping for the best.
sorry it croaked, i have had some in the past that just die. out of no where, then i get some that live forever.