PDA

View Full Version : how many of you buy from LFS??

sea-horsea
07/10/2003, 04:13 PM
just curious...if I open a small version of jeff's style shop i wonder if people will come buy or nowadays people buy online...lol

Wilafur
07/10/2003, 04:36 PM
if you get good healthy fish and corals in and have good prices, sure, i'd buy from you. but don't really stock a lot of the run of the mill stuff, i think us socal people are shee-shee and want the colorful and/or rare stuff.

Chelmon
07/10/2003, 06:33 PM
if you open it in west covina. then sure, i'll go by. and i agree with what emperator said. and also i suggest having a good selection of clean up critters.

Badmort
07/10/2003, 08:04 PM
I buy from my lfs all the time. I appreciate the convenience and pay no shipping and I second the good selection of clean up critters. My family thought I was nuts driving over an over to pick up a queen conch

dattack
07/10/2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by sea-horsea
just curious...if I open a small version of jeff's style shop i wonder if people will come buy or nowadays people buy online...lol

You really shouldn't ask internet people this question. Considering most of the people on the internet know where the cheapest place to get thing, you will be constantly lowballed by your customer.

;)

laverda
07/11/2003, 03:05 AM
Hi
I buy from LFS, but I also shop around on the net. All my corals have come from frag swaps or people I met on line. My chemicals, cleaners, live sand, water, fish and most of my live rock came from LFS. I enjoy going and looking and talking to the people. But the tanks have to be healthy and clean. Their is a LFS shop one block from me that I do not think I would ever buy fish from, as his tanks are not clean and the fish not very healthy. I have bought brine shrimp, live rock and a few other odes and ends there. I am sure I will buy more as they are so close but it frustrates me that their fish quality is so poor. I doubt I will ever buy fish on line I want to see what I am getting, pick it out. fish have personalities to.
Steve