PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Coral Reef

llpoolej
07/10/2003, 09:06 AM
I just wanted to let you know how much help your shop has been to me. My husband has had FO systems before, probably 15 years ago and has had the bug to get back into it. We went shopping one day and made an impulse purchase of all the wrong stuff someowhere else. Alot of money spent poorly. Should have researched better, but, as usual, we were impulsive.

The live rock I have purchased so far is blooming with purple, green, deep purple algae. When I opened up the rock on my kitchen counter, a teeny crab took off. Not really a fan of creatures on my kitchen bar, but it was pretty obvious the rock was very alive.

I was also helped on how to fix my substrate, which again, we were totally steered wrong elsewhere.

I was calling around looking for live rock, and Fins and skins pointed me to you.

I will be visiting your store for fish, ect; when my tank finishes cycling. I do not remember the name of the guy who is always there, but he is always helpful and nice. Doesn't even cringe too much with my demonic twins running around. I love the Tshirts too.

Just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with my experience!

Sir Knight
07/10/2003, 09:35 AM
Hi llpoolej,
Glad you had a good experience with "The Coral Reef".

Dennis the owner is a nice guy and always willing to help his customers.

I don't know if you are aware that there is a Reef club in East Tennessee. The name of the club is East Tennessee Reef Club.
We have monthly meeting at different locations. All of the members would be more then happy to answer any question you and your husband may have about the hobby. Here is a link to our website. Take a look when you get a chance

www.easttnreefclub.com

Joe W.
ETRC webmaster

llpoolej
07/10/2003, 09:51 AM
I just found the website today, it looks like a great club. I am a loser when it comes to this stuff, I really know nothing(My husband calls me a "Reef-tard" :lol: ). We are going to be at the beach this coming week, but maybe we will come to the August meeting.

My husband has insane work hours, he is a manager at Airport Honda, so I joke that I am going to set up a cot for him there to just live :).

*My* experience, is extremely limited. Before we were married(ten years ago) I set up his saltwater 55 gallon and proceded to kill everything in the tank. Thought it was as easy as freshwater. We sold his tank when we bought our first house(9 years ago) so this is a restart for us. He, about 15 years ago, had a very succesful FO tank with lionfish, a puffer and I think a tang. I know his lionfish did great, and he *now* knows why the yellow tang didn't.

This time, I am trying to do it right, though, as I said, I didn't really buy the right stuff. I have about 16lbs of LR so far, going to go buy some more today. My husband is off work and this a hobby we are going to do together, and my kids love the fish.

Thanks for inviting me to the club!!!

SmartWrasse
07/21/2003, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the world of reef aquariums. I sent you a p-mail about ETRC.
Proud member of ETRC, Mike Teague